Chapter 20: Honeymoon Island

Luna's POV 

"Where are we going?" I laugh wildly, sat in a rental car next to Zayn while blindfolded.

"You will see soon, doll." He dodges the question, and I can hear his smile through his words

We had been travelling for a while, and up until now, I had been allowed to see the journey. I guess its somewhat difficult to guess where you're going through a plane window, but I might have gotten a better idea from a car, thus the blindfold Zayn had put on me. 

"Is it much further?" I ask, letting my fingers grip the leather of the seat, feeling every bump of the road, exercising my other senses while I could, letting my nose examine Zayn's Fougere scent, one he seemed to secrete naturally. I've always theorised its part of his supernatural charm, because the lavender behind his scent always seems to slow you down slightly, making your eyelids somewhat heavy. 

"No, baby." He hums "In fact, we're pulling up now."

The car comes to a halt. I hear keys jingle and the soft hum of the engine cuts out. Zayn's car door opens, footsteps follow and then I head a click and feel a hit of fresh air that signifies my door had been opened. Zayn's hand grips mine after unbuckling my seatbelt, helping me stand to my feet onto a cobbled road. 

"Can I take this off now?" I plead as Zayn's arms snake around my waist, embracing me from behind.

He lowers his mouth to my ear, kissing just below it on my neck briefly and whispering before moving his fingers to the knot in my blindfold "I have to say, I quite like the look of you in a blindfold, but I think you'll like this surprise more." He pulls apart the knot, letting the material fall from my face.

My eyes flutter open but squint closed again immediately, not yet adjusted to the influx of sunlight. After a few moments, I try again, opening them. This time when the light floods in, my eyes accept it happily. A tall white villa stared back at me, large windows carved into the walls and podiums holding up the burnt orange slabs of roof. Behind it in the distance were mountains, cascading over each other with greenery draped over them.

"Where are we?" I say breathlessly, in awe of the landscape in front of me. 

"Sardinia, an island on the coast of Italy." Zayn grins "I always promised to finish the trip Loki had us cut short years ago."

I turn to him, smiling ear to ear "I can't believe you." 

"Its been a tough year." He cups my face in his hands "You have been through more than you ever should have. I want to start this marriage right, and it starts with a completely normal, no Incubus, no Hybrid and certainly no Loki drama. Just you and me relaxing." 

I kiss him, and he happily kisses me back "I love it, Zayn. Thank you."

"Let's go inside." He takes my hand, leading us to the front door and pulling keys out of his pocket to unlock it "But let's do it right."

To my surprise, he sweeps my legs from under me with his arm, lifting me bridal style. 

"Really?" I giggle, amused

"I'm nothing if not traditional." He pecks my forehead before carrying me past the threshold of the front door. 

He places me down on a black tile floor. Inside, it was a massive open plan living room and kitchen, both painted white and decorated minimally, but all I was focused on was the double glass doors at the back, showing that our villa backed onto sand, leading to the clear blue ocean.

"Oh my god." I run towards it, fighting with the sliding door and pulling it open, successfully doing so. I kick off my shoes and leap onto the sand, feeling the grains mould around my feet. I turn to Zayn, calling for him to follow me. He does, laughing at my child-like bewonderment as I jump into his arms.