Chapter Twenty Three

It's been months since I kissed Blaise. Since that day we have been avoiding each other like plague. We haven't even a said single word.

We just look at each and go on about with our businesses. He looks at me as if I am some pestilence.

Some of the students have asked Rissa about what's going on between Blaise and I. They wouldn't dare come and ask me.

Moreover I snap easily nowadays. I hate myself for letting weakness leak. I hate myself for thinking for a teeny-weeny moment that there could be something between me and Blaise.

The day after the kiss I had allowed myself to believe and daydream that there could be hope between us.Maybe civilization to start with.

Only to be greeted by a magazine with a picture of Blaise and Scarlett stating that they are dating.

I wouldn't mind if he dated anyone, even Chloe would have been better. Just not Scarlett. I know he picked her to spite because he knows how much we despise each other.

She always try to make my life a living hell whenever there is a get together about the wedding discussions. And since she started dating Blaise, I think she has made it a life goal to rub it in my face.

With every chance she flaunts in my face. And worst of all Blaise seems to be touchy touchy whenever I am around.

Everyday I  pinch my forehead for being the most vacous person alive. For thinking that things could be different between me and Blaise.

For thinking that for a second the universe can be on my side, just this once. For igniting a little lamp in heart and allowed it to feel.

Everyday I have to bath with ice cold water to remind my stupid heart there is nothing but darkness in this world.That it was a damn fool to feel anything but coldness through its veins. That it's not supposed to make any sound unless it's sound of vengeance.

I was a fool to jump into hopeful conclusions. I don't have anyone to blame but my stupid self.

Nana and Pa are a little worried, they think I have gone back to my old self.

But how can I. It was just a meaningless kiss right.

Rissa always has the most annoying question that has become her daily bread. 'What happened between me and Blaise'.

Even though I have told her thousand times that nothing happened between us, she won't buy it.She thinks something happened between us.

Days of the doom of my so called family are creeping in. Carmen has lost her entire career now she's busy leeching off Bill's money who is drowning in debts.

It won't be long before he sells his jewelry business to me. He won't have a choice since he lost his clients to me.

The only thing I know is that Bill won't know what hits him. It will be burn his ass that he will jump, and touch the sky, and be scared to come down with fear of landing on fire again.

Not knowing that he will have to come down whether he likes it or not and get burnt again and again.

As for Seriphe she will lose the only thing that is sacred to her. The only thing she cares about. The only thing she can die for, her obsession, her pride and the only thing money can't buy.  Her daughter.

Vengeance is patient. Judgement is indispecable.

They will rue the day they destroyed me.

I was busy daydreaming when I heard a knock on my door.