Chapter Eight

I woke up because of the commotion I heard upstairs. Uggh I wonder who's brave enough to disturb my beauty sleep.

I get off my bed and ascended the stairs to see what the commotion was all about. I rub my temples feeling a brewing headache.

When I reached my room it was empty. I looked at the the clock to find its past eleven. Damn I forgot about Clarissa.

I head down the stairs following the noises. I found Clarissa and Pa sitting on the kitchen table.When I entered the kitchen they both looked at up to me.

"Where were you? I have been looking for you. You should be ready by now. Don't tell me you changed your mind." Clarissa says throwing me an accusing look.

"Hey... Hey... Slow down will you. I fell asleep in one of the guest rooms. And I haven't changed my mind okay." I tell her rubbing my temples.

Damn looks like I would be getting a visit from my long forgotten friend, migraine. Its been long since I had any. I blame it on those pictures

"Pa do you know where Nana put my migraine tablets. I feel like I would be needing one soon."I turn to Pa

" Are you okay darling. I will call Marissa and ask her where she put them. Have your breakfast first. Let me go call her and no coffee young lady." Pa says leaving the kitchen probably to call Nana.

Uggh. I thought I was going to have it since Nana is not around. How did he even know I was planning to have it. Everyone seems to be reading my mind these days and it has to stop. I can't have it,no.

I pile my plate with some pancakes, eggs, bacon and some cheese. I pour tea and start to dig in. I look up to see Clarissa's mouth hanging.

"What?" I shrug continuing to eat.

"You really are a pig. I don't get how you have that killer body to die for." she says.

"I told you, I don't joke around when it comes to food. To answer your question exercise is the answer." I answer her taking my last bite and finishing my tea. I wash my plate and cup.

Pa comes with my tablets I take two and put the rest in my pocket.

" Were you a soldier once."she asks.

" Why?"I ask her wiping my dishes and putting them away.

" No normal person can eat that fast. It's like you had gone days without food." she answered following me up to my room.

She makes herself comfortable on my bed. As I make my way to the bathroom I am stopped by Clarissa's question.

" Why did you move your bed."She asks.

Fuck. I forgot to push it back to its position.

" Oh... I forgot to put the bed back. I was looking for my shoes. You know how I can be sometimes, especially when I am tired." I tell her. She laughs at that.

" That's true. I don't really get you, one day your room is like a pigsty the next it's sparkling clean." She laughs at her unfunny joke.

After bathing I find clothes already laid out for me. I look at Clarissa to find her busy with her phone. Does this girl know anything about privacy.

I shake my head and go straight to my dressing table to fix myself. After so much struggle with knots in my hair I feel the comb being taken away from me. Without my consent she starts combing my hair.

She even did my makeup keeping it light which I am grateful for. I wore the outfit that Clarissa put on the bed for me.

It consisted of black ripped skinny jeans, gray crop top and black vans.