Chapter Twenty One

"Since today is the last day, how about I take you around Locronan."Rissa says as we finish eating breakfast.

" I would love that,but don't forget Noelle said there is going to be a barbecue. She said it's family tradition or something like that."

"Ooooh shit. I totally forgot, every time we come here, we do a barbecue on the last day. My grandmother insisted on it. She said it brings the family together and it's homely. Unlike going to the posh restaurants where we won't have privacy."

"It sounds fun. Now let's run and explore Locronan. Maybe they will need our help."I said following Rissa who had already picked the car keys.

We parked in the main parking lot and entered the village by walking along the straight street that leads to the center of the village. Some of the cars drove into the village though it was only to save a hundred meters walk,and cars helped a little to make the village look medieval.

The whole center of Locronan was extremely well preserved, quite extensive, and largely built in the distinctive local granite.The solid houses with traditional slate roofs are interspersed with plenty of greenery making a very attractive village.

Almost all the houses date from 17th and 18th centuries and are of different heights and have small architectural highlights and characterful roofs that make them interesting and distinguished.

We visited their church, The Church of Saint Ronan that dated from the 15th century. On the right side there was a building that housed the tomb of Saint Ronan and has a tall thin spire-belltower.

There were also cafés, creperiesand artisan boutiques throughout the village and some of the little art galleries scattered around the town were surprisingly impressive.

I had to order some of the pieces to be delivered to my hotels. They were going to add some modicum to my hotels.

The Museum of Art and History of Locronan provided an interesting look at the history of the town.

The town was beautiful, interesting and distinguished. It provided peace that was so long lost in most places.

By the time we finished exploring the town, I couldn't lift my feet.

When I checked time it was five in the evening.

Noelle was going to kill us. She wanted us home by three, but two hours have already passed.

"Shit. Nona will kill me. We are supposed to be home by now."exclaimed Rissa.

My thoughts exactly Rissa, I answered internally.

" At least I am with you, she seems to love you. So we will say it was your fault, you kept pestering me and I had to show you the whole village."

"What. Wow, really Rissa, I feel very loved. One mischief you already throwing me into the wolves."I said touching my heart in mockery.

" No.... no. It's not that Talie. You don't know my grandma. She can even make me wash the dishes and you know there is nothing I hate in the world than washing dishes."

" Really Rissa. You literally hate everything that is called work."I said getting into the car.

"Hahaha smarty pants Talie yaaay. Yet your kind make me work despite the fact that I hate it."

"My kind really. What are you? A baboon."

"You really wound me Talie. Am I that ugly that I can pass to be a baboon."

"Don't worry booooo. We all are your progenies.You should be a proud ancestor."

"Do you have any respect child.You should be apologizing not making things worse."