Chapter One

I was 9 years old when my mother died of blood cancer. My father and I were so devastated cause we had lost our beloved third.

A year later father started dating but his love never subsided nor faded, it grew stronger for his new love.

I remember we were having dinner when my father told me he has found a perfect mother for me.

"Honey I have been dating this woman for a while. I think she will make a perfect mother for you. And she has a daughter who is older than you by two years but she is on the same grade as you are."

I don't know how I felt. I didn't want a new mother I was fine with my dad.

Why did he want to bring a stranger to our house .

"But dad I thought we were fine, I don't need a mother. Mom is in heaven, she told me that she will always be here for me."

"I know sweetie but you are growing up, there are things you can't talk to me about, that needs a woman. And Seriphe is a wonderful woman and her daughter Carmen." Dad answered.

I scoffed inward they just reminded me of cinderella and her monster stepmother and stepsisters.

I didn't want a stepmother and stepsister. I was fine with my father but dad was so eager on bringing this woman.

"Okay dad we go to dinner but if I don't like them they are going."I said to dad.

"Okay honey I love you." dad said.

"Love you too dad." I said knowing I had lost the battle.

"The dinner is tomorrow" dad stated .

My jaw dropped to the floor, that wasn't what I expected.

Why so early, what was the rush.

"But dad what's the hurry, why tomorrow what if am not ready?"

"Honey I want this meeting to be over so that we can start with the wedding preparations. Seriphe wants to move in as soon as possible. She says you need a mother as soon as possible one year is too much for a girl to live without a mother and I agree with her."

With that I felt cold inside. The decision was already made, my opinion was not needed at all.

I couldn't believe it, dad, my rock, my pillar had made a decision without me.We had never done that.We communicated with each other.

We made an agreement that we will always make huge desicions together but come Seriphe all that changes.

I started hating the woman already and her daughter. I know its weird to hate a person without meeting them. I was being a judgmental bitch but I felt it in my bones that they were taking my dad away from me, my bestfriend.

"Dad what if I don't like her and her daughter.What if they don't like me. Aren't things moving too fast.What if they only want money. Come on you are one of the richest man all over the world, no woman would say no to that." After saying my little speech I looked up to my dad to see that he was fuming.

I had never seen my dad like that.

"Listen here Cassandra don't you ever dare say that again or you will feel my wrath. Don't behave like a spoilt brat. Your mother raised you better than this."dad said shouting pointing at me.

I was taken aback by his behavior.I opened my mouth to speak and closed it again. The words couldn't form in my head. From that moment I knew things will never be the same.

The next day finally arrived I met Seriphe and her daughter.

By one look in their eyes I could tell what they held, coldness, greediness and evil. I knew they were after dad's money.