Chapter Five

Buzzzzz...... Buzzzz... Buzzzz

I groan and hit the stop button on my alarm. Agggh I hate Mondays, got to go to the university. I have morning classes. I get off the bed, do my bed and go to the bathroom to take my bath and other business.

I get out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and dry my hair. I go inside my walk in big closet. I take out my black skinny jeans, black top and black jacket and wear them. I put on my white vans.

I feel like pleasing my nana today though I prefer black. Nana and Pa are always complaining that I wear too much black.

I hate bright colors, they make me look lively while deep down inside I feel like I am in the dark dungeon with Dave, pa and nana as the only source of light that comes through that one little crack on the roof.

My heart is so full of hatred and cold to an extent that sometimes I am even scared of myself. I shake my head and pick up my bag and head out.

I descend down the stairs to see pa and nana already seated on the table ready for breakfast.

I see nana looking at my outfit and shaking her head. I only manage to give a small faint smile that only she and pa can see. If you don't know me you can never tell that I am smiling.

They both look at me with sadness because I used to be a vibrant girl. Honestly I don't see anything to smile for. I know I sound selfish but you have to be in my shoes to understand. I was nearly killed by my family so why should I be happy.

I know some may say I should be happy because I survived. I am happy but for different reasons. I am happy because I survived for revenge. We deal with grief in different ways,so thus how I deal with mine.

I don't see the reason to be happy. The people in this world have never given me happiness for too long so why should I show happiness that I haven't experienced for years.

"Good morning baby. How was your night. I am glad you wore something white today." she says smiling.

"Morning sweetheart. You noticed Marie I thought I was seeing things" Pa chipped in.

I shake my head at them. I take a seat, pick some bacon, toast and cheese and start digging in. I drink tea, Nana always refuse to let me drink coffee she says it's not good for my health.

After breakfast I wave at them, pick up my car keys and head out. When I arrived I immediately find an empty parking spot. I park and go inside.

The commotion inside made me regret even coming today. I had total forgotten that today is 'the Clarissa' revelation day and I wasn't in the mood of dealing with the drama that will follow.

"Bestieeee." she shouts so loud that everyone's attention turned towards her.She ignores them and run to me startling me by hugging me so tight. I just stand there still and finally pat her back. This girl will be the death of me one day.

Everyone stares at us with wide eyes cause I have never had any close contact with anyone. I always give people a cold shoulder.

She slowly detaches herself from me and stand back. I look at her expecting to see the transformed Clarissa but to my surprise she was still wearing her ugly clothes and glasses. I look at her with the 'and then you' look. She just shrugs and smirk at me.

"Wait.... If you not the cause of the commotion down the hall then who is." I asked her.

"Oooh that.It must be my brother. He is coming to the university today. He will be our business management lecturer from time to time. I think it would be on Mondays and Thursdays if his schedule is not tight". She answers me.