⚠️fifty⚠️

I shift in my sleep, groaning as I start to wake. I was exhausted. I haven't slept in a few days and having a newborn wasn't much of a help either. I slowly leave my bed, careful not to wake the baby in the nearby cot. I slip on some jeans and a T-shirt , grabbing my yellow hoodie and slipping it on right after. I slip on my socks and shoes before heading to my connected bathroom.

After quickly brushing my teeth and hair, (and maybe a little pee break) I make my way back into the bedroom, smiling when I see my little guys hand waving around.

"Hi bubbas. You ready to go see mama?" I coo. I carefully lift him and take him to the bed, changing his diaper before slipping him into a thick and cozy onesie. I slip a tiny beanie on his head before placing a kiss over it.

"Let's go bubbas. I gotta get you some yummy breakfast so you can show mama how much of a big man you are." I say softly, carefully lifting him.

I head out of my room and into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle from the fridge. I heat it up a bit before testing it on my finger. Perfect. I place it at his lips and he immediately latches on, suckling on the bottle. He was adorable. I watch with a soft smile as he drinks most of it, his eye lids slowly fluttering closed. I remove the bottle, carefully burping him before taking him to the car seat. I set him in, buckling him in before placing a blanket over his tiny body and a pacifier in his mouth.

I left the car seat, grabbing my keys before leaving the house. He was almost a week old and I didn't want his mama to miss that milestone, no matter how small it was.

We made it to the hospital fairly quickly, checking in with the desk before walking towards daniels room. I smile down at the sleeping infant in the car seat before walking into the room. I look over at Daniel and my face falls, there was doctors surrounding him and he was no where in my line of vision.

"What's going on? What are you doing to him?" I ask, an ache forming in my chest.

One of the doctors looks at me, then the baby before taking a step away from the bed. My eyes land on the small boy, less wires on him with him on his side. He was still asleep, much to my dismay.

"He threw up this morning, but didn't wake up. He's getting better." I look at him, confused.

"How is throwing up getting better?" I ask.

"He moved himself into that position to vomit." I suck in a breath, glancing at the small boy.

"We also noticed a few damp spots on his gown. He's producing milk." I blink, glancing down at the little one in the car seat.

"I'll give you some time with him." He says softly, smiling at the baby before leaving. The nurse stays, finishing up what she was doing before leaving as well. I set the car seat down by daniels bed, sitting in the chair.

"Hey love. I heard you're getting better. I'm so proud of you. You're so strong and I can see where our little one gets it from. I love you so much." I say softly, moving the hair from his face. It had become shaggy in all the months of him laying here, the blonde gone and his natural light chestnut hair poking through. I place a kiss on his head, watching as his mask fogged up with every breath he took.

It wasn't until our little one started to fuss that I looked away. He had spit his pacifier out and was getting quite unhappy. I took him out of the carrier, rocking him gently.

"You want mama huh?" I hum. I carefully laid him beside the brunette, the little infant slowly settling down. He was a mamas boy already, I could tell. A small smile reaches my lips as I watch the two sleep peacefully.

"Hey." I look up, smiling when I see Jonah, the taller brunette standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets.

"Come in. He just fell asleep." Jonah walks in, his eyes landing on the baby.

"He looks so much like him." Jonah says quietly, smiling small.

"I wish Daniel could see him. He'd be so proud to know he made him." Jonah nods in agreement, glancing at the small boy on the bed.

"How is he? Any news?" I shake my head, looking at my lap.

"He threw up this morning. They said it meant he was getting better but I don't see how being sick can make you better." I say quietly. He nods, glancing at the baby when he shifts. A small smile reaches his lips as he places his finger by his hand, the tiny infant grabbing it as he settles down.

"He's so small." Jonah says quietly. I nod, smiling softly at my baby boy.

"I hope he stays small like Daniel." I chuckle softly, glancing at the infant fondly.

"I'm sure he will. He clearly had a lot more of daniels genes." Jonah chuckles.

"I don't know if he told you but he wanted you to be god father." I say quietly, gently grabbing daniels hand.

"He did. I told him I'd be happy too. It was the night he stayed with me." He says equally as quiet.

"I want him to be here for his baby's one week milestone. It's in two days Jonah." I say, my smile falling.

"I hope he does."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I think this is my longest book yet lmao

for my next story- which will be donah, Daniel is gonna be soft once again (: cause who doesn't love soft Daniel?

anyways I hope you enjoyed this (: