Chapter 1- Happy braceday!

Here goes! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I'm afraid that you'll need braces Ella."

"WHAT!?!?!"

I really didn't need this! Not now! Deep breaths... Ah.. Fu... Ah.. Fu..

I'm Ella Jones , I'm 15 years old, and I live in a small town called Green River. Today is my birthday!! PARTY!! Woot woot! Now, usually on a kid's birthday, their parents might bring them shopping, or to the arcade, or do something fun! Well, on my birthday, my family dragged me to the orthodontist. A surprise trip too! Fun right? Nope. They just announced it in the car, saying ''Ella, we're taking you to the orthodontist.'' Ugh. As if.

The reason I don't want braces, is because I already have enough on my plate, I really don't need that! You see, it's my last year in my middle school, before graduating off the high school. And I don't want a set of metal, cemented to my teeth, in a picture that I will cherish forever! I kind of zoned out on the orthodontist, because he was boring. But I guess I should really listen to his babbling now.

 " Your teeth are nice, the problem is just that one tooth riiiiight up there. it may cause problems later on. That tooth is called an I tooth. And it can easily be brought down if we stick a bracket up here, connect it with wires, and it will be down in NO time!"

 Great.

 " And how long will she need the braces for?"

 My mom asked. She seemed perfectly cool with the fact that it was my birthday, and that we were spending the majority of it at the orthodontist. 'Cause you know, turning 15 isn't that big of a deal. no, not at all. Maybe next year, she'll send me to the optometrist for my birthday! YAY! I am the Queen of Sarcasm.

 " I would say about 1 year,depending how the treatment goes. "

 Ohh god. Oh, I forgot to mention, the orthodontist I go to, is 5 HOURS AWAY!  How bad is that??

 " So I'll see you in 5 weeks to install your braces!"

 The orthodontist seemed so happy. Heck, he was making money here! I sure wasn't. It's not like I was making money here, getting braces and all. If I was getting paid though, I would have had braces YEARS ago!

My mother waved enthusiastically.

 "Bye!"

She nudged my shoulder.

''OW!!''

''Ella Jones!" Say good-bye to Dr. George!''

''Bye Dr. George.''

''Good-bye Ella!''

 We walked out to the parking lot, and piled up into our small car. Lilly sung away on a random song from her IPod, Zach happily chattered away about his idols, Buzz Lightyear and Woody, from Toy Story. He heard we might go watch the movie, and he was positively ecstatic. My parents were busy discussing about my dad getting a vacation for March Break. I doubt that will ever happen though. He's so busy these days. He is opening up a little restaurant, called Double Scoops, a frozen treat restaurant, opening up in May. He even offered me a job there! I'll be able to get some mooolah!

I looked at myself in the rear view window. I have dark auburn hair, with natural high lites of red hair. It was pretty cool. I was fairly tall. Tall enough to look good, but not enough to look like a giant. I had chestnut brown eyes, and a heart shaped face. Long story short, I look pretty good I guess. But not good enough for him..

 I stared out the window, thinking about how my life will be during this year. Probably hectic. VERY hectic. I mean, braces will involve a lot of hard work! Cleaning, keeping them in one piece, and hoping I don't get laughed at, because of the excessive amount of metal hanging out of my mouth!!! I sighed, and caught my mom's attention. She turned around in her seat, and smiled at me.

''Cheer up Ella! This year won't be SO bad!''

Right. I gave her an unconvinced look. She chuckled, as my dad pulled into a grocery store. They both looked back at me, and smiled.

 '' Ella, let's go buy some chocolate chips!''

 I grinned. My mom always knows how to cheer me up. Chocolate makes the world go around. For me, of course. If only chocolate could stop me from having braces..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! :) This is my first story EVER! :D So I hope you like it, and the story WILL get better! Some of these are actually based on true stories in my life, like going to the orthodontist on my birthday.. -_-

 This chapter was originally BAD, but I edited it.. :P

PICTURE ON THE RIGHT SHOWs WHAT BRACKETS, WIRES AND SUCH ARE.

 I know it is short, but please stay with me... The story gets better. TRUST ME. I have braces. :3

, Read, Comment, Vote, and have a greaaaat day!

*Live*Laugh*Love

 *Stargirl555*