Chapter 24(B)

Young Hunter in the picture above👆👆

The SUV stopped in front of the house after a short yet hectic journey. Their flight was a rather quick one but the tension in the plane made it look really long.

Eleanora stared out through the window of the vehicle, her eyes searching the perimeters of the small front yard.

"We are here" Hunter mumbled beside the driver. There was a still silence in the whole car as nobody made effort to speak or move, each person not ready to see or know the outcome of what they came there to do.

Alfredo opens the door helping his mother and Mrs Knight out, Hunter steps out of the vehicle looking at the familiar surrounding. Her old truck was missing, he wasn't expecting it any way.

It has been a long time...

The security convoy that was accompanying them were already in their strategic places in case of any danger.

Hunter led the way as they followed. He navigates through the place like he has been there a lot of times. Of course he has... The place decorated with Christmas lights, here and there bringing out the Christmas Spirit. 

He knows that after this trip, he would be asked a lot of questions by his parents but that can wait. He needs to sort this out. He hasn't gotten over that video, it has been replaying in his mind consecutively.

They stopped in front of the door. Hunter slightly cleared his throat before pressing the familiar doorbell.

He felt his heart clenching, palms sweaty as he heard approaching footsteps. He could practically feel them holding their breath as the door opened.

He stared at the green eyes which belonged to one of the twins.

His eyes rakes over the four people standing at the entrance of his home. His eyes zeroed on Hunter before it narrowed.

"Matt?" Hunter stated....

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked glaring at him.

Shit! He was expecting that, Rosalia's behavior was a preamble of what he was going to face.

"Nice to see you again" Hunter said nicely.

"Well am not happy to see you and i suggest you leave" he said curtly. Almost slamming the door on their faces but was stopped by the feminine voice.

"Please don't shut the door on us" Eleanora pleaded with him "we came to see Leah... Please".

"And who are you to her?" He asked curiously.

She sighed not knowing how to introduce herself, Alfredo was about to help his mother out when a sonorous voice stopped him.

"I don't know mom! They are strangers looking for Leah!" Matt answered his mother's question, his eyes seizing Hunter up as he said 'strangers'.

"Let them in Matt, at least they know Leah. A friend of Leah is a friend of us"

Matt clenched his jaw still thinking about what Emilia said, he opened the door much wider ushering them in.

Emilia looked up from where she sat beside the Christmas tree with a cup of coffee, she stared at the visitors strangely.

They don't look like the kind of people Leah will befriend in terms of age difference and their outfits shows how wealthy they are. Leah is scared of rich folks.

There was an audible gasp as she recognizes Hunter but one her son who just came out of his room snapped.

"What are you doing here?!" Max snarled, his eyes murderously glaring at Hunter, Annabeth gasped at the hostility.

 Stolen moments  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara