Chapter 46

The sound of the door slamming downstairs brought me out of my reverie. I look at the movie i was watching, one of my favorite, Avengers, i love each of the characters, especially, Thor... I love staring at those muscles, and i don't miss Tony Stark nicknaming skills.

I check the exit of the lounge again, to see if he was coming, he has been gone for a while now, did he forget me? My attention on the movie now is zero, we promised to spend the weekend together again,since today is Friday, i told my mum i won't be around till   Sunday.

We were supposed to spend time together, we were both enjoying the movie when he got a call that he had a visitor, he promised me no distractions, now he has been gone for almost forty minutes.

I stood up from the comfortable cushion, adjusting the big tshirt am wearing which belongs to Hunter, it reached my thighs. I came out of the room not before muting the movie, am just gonna check if everything was alright.

I walked through the passageway, the burgundy walls were decorated with expensive paintings that varies from still life to nature. I walked down the stairs, i paused as i hear muffled voices, was that  Hunter i hear laughing, who was he with?
I came down the last stairs, they noticed my figure, i was surprised with whom i saw.

"What is she doing here?" I asked him in confusion, she give me the stinking eye accessing my outfit, i got no pants under as the shirt as covered my shorts. I wrap my hand around me trying to keep out her preying eyes. She must be thinking that we were doing something else, far from it, guttered brain.

"I never knew she was here, i wouldn't have bothered you" she said, her voice calm and innocent, she bats her eyelashes. What is she up too?

"It's okay Claire... You are welcome here"

"Uhn?!"

"Thank you so much Hunter... You are the best" she puts her claw like hand on his shoulder. I felt something burning inside me, seething like it's ready to burst.

"Why is she staying here?" I stumped my feet, Claire looks at me comically.

"Leah, can i have a word with you? Please?" He quickly walks towards me, turning me around, gently guiding me upstairs by my waist not before shouting at Claire to 'feel at home'. I huffed, indeed!

I fume as he guides me into his room closing the door.

"I can explain " he stretched out his hands as if to pacify me.

"Explain... Cause i don't understand the logic in housing your girlfriend and ex under the same roof"

"It's complicated my love... Just relax and let me explain" I breath in and out.

"Okay... Explain" I fold my arms under my bust, taping my left foot on the floor.

"Claire will be leaving for New York  tomorrow, she lives really far from the airport, and this place is much closer"

"So?! She should leave her house before the take off, at least she has being given a time"

"Babe... There is no use for that now, she as checked out her hotel, and the room must have been given to another customer, do you know how bad it will sound if she returns to New York, telling everyone that i denied her a stay or threw her out because of my girlfriend, remember she is family"

"And she is also your ex! An ex who threatened to destroy me!" He groaned, running his hands through his hair.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, she is cool with us" I look at him as if he was stupid.

"Seriously... Are you for real? Like are we really arguing over this"

"We are not arguing, am just trying to make you see things from my perspective"

"There is nothing to see Hunter! There is no way am staying here with you when she is around!"

"You know what?! You need to stop behaving like a spoilt bitch cause there is no way, am going to choose my friends over a stranger!" He shouted at me, my voice hitched as soon as i hear his words. Tears well up my eyes as i try to contain it.

"Did.. Did you just call me a spoilt bitch" my voice broke with emotions, he turned away ignoring me, as he puts his hand in his pocket. I blinked rapidly. " am a stranger, right?... " silence fills the whole room "fine then, since am a stranger i guess am not needed her"

I start looking for my clothes, you know what is painful, he didn't even bother to stop me. Guess that happens only in the movies, life ain't a fairytale. I quickly went into his five star bathroom, to change into my white dress. Thank God he hasn't seen me naked, and to think i would give myself to him.

I avoided the mirror in the bathroom, cause i know i would turn into a crying mess if i even take a glimpse. Am not going to give him the privilege to see me cry. I put on my Mary Jane's, taking my bag. I came out of the bathroom avoiding his figure, i stepped out of room, rushing towards the stairs, the maids look at me in confusion as others tried to call me back or stop me.

I reached the exit of the penthouse, a hand grab mine before i can reach the hallway that leads to the elevator. I look up to the face of the culprit, a tear escaped as she dug her sharp nails into my delicate skin, almost drawing blood, she smirks at my disgruntled face, i bet she was happy.

"He will never choose you over me.. It will be in your wildest dreams" I try to release my hand but she squeezed it the more "go and never come back" she sneers.

As soon as she released me, i bolt out of the place like the hounds of hell were after me, i got into the elevator, thank God it was empty. I don't want to put on a show for all this rich folks, it will be a sight for them if they should see a girl dressed in a white dress and Mary Jane's running out with tears in her eyes. I feel so hurt.

I ran out of the damn building as soon as i came out of the elevator. I sniffed trying to control my tears, who am i gonna call, i didn't bring my car, Rosalia is at work, mum is at the bakery, the twins has practice and__Antonio! Why didn't i think of that earlier. I fetch my phone from my bag through blurry eyes, as I wipe some tears from my wet cheeks. I dial his number, it rang and rang but he never answered.

"Please... Antonio, pick up" I sniff, redialing again, at the second ring, he answers.

"Hello" his voice sounds gruffly, maybe he just woke up.

"Antonio" I sniffed "I need your help"

"Leah?!... Are you okay?, It sounds like you were crying" his voice rang out clearly concerned.

"Am fine, am just stranded and__"

"Where are you Leah?" I can hear clinking, like car keys.

I gave him the address of the place, he told me he would be there in five minutes. I sat on the pavement, ignoring the look people who where going out of and coming in to the building were giving me. I checked the time as it reads 5:45pm. If anyone told me two hours ago that i would be sitting outside the entrance of an expensive suite all alone, stranded and had a fight with my boyfriend, i would have laughed at his or her face. I can't believe he called me a spoilt bitch, is that how he sees me?

Minutes later,Antonio parked his car in front of me, i quickly opened the door getting in, i buckled my seat belt.

"Don't ask me anything... Please just drive" he stares at me for a minute, he sighs as he starts the car.

###

Ouch!
Hunter was so mean.
Was that necessary?
What do you think Claire is up to?
What did she tell Hunter, that got him so worked up.

More coming up.
You better grab your handkerchiefs for the next chapters..

Stay home, stay safe
Love y'all😘😘

Leah's dress up there👆👆👉👉