Chapter 1(B)

Leah hurried out of her apartment, the apartment she shares with her best friend and confidant. She joins the hustling and bustling on the street, she walks really fast in other to catch the bus. Even after four years, she is still not used to the ever busy street, the polluted air, business men and women hurrying to their respective job. The Big Apple.

She quickly boards the bus, as soon as she finds a sit, she rests her head on the window closing her eyes in thought.

Rosalia left home early this morning for work. She is working as an intern in a law firm. Yes... She is aspiring to be a lawyer, just like her mum, totally against her father's wish. She went to New York University, School of Law...

And yep, they are flat mates.

Rosalia didn't change that much, still a spit fire but that can't be said for Leah, she changed... A lot.

A fresh graduate of New York School of Interior Design, she still followed her dreams. She majored in Interior Design and did some marketing. It wasn't rosy, but she survived.

Currently she is working in a expensive restaurant as a waitress and she maintained her first work as a barista in a cafe, two jobs that is paying and meeting her needs. She plans on summiting her résumé and portfolio to one of the big shot companies in the city.

With all this, she was not the Leah from four years ago, she was not the radiant girl, she was not the girl that always look like she ate sun for breakfast. She always admits that she was childish and naive in the past but now she is mature.

She alighted from the bus, walking briskly on the tarred pavement to get to the cafe she works. She kept her face down, avoiding anyone. As soon as she steps into the cafe, she was engulfed with the scent of brewing coffee and freshly made pastries.

"Hey John" she greets quietly, the man returns her greeting with a hardened stare. She rolls her eyes not in the mood for his fit that morning. She went to the dressing room to change into her uniform. She frowned at the shirt.

Over the years, her body as changed drastically. Her boobs as gotten bigger along with her hips and butt while her stomach was toned. She hates the attention she gets from the male populace, that was why sixty percent of her wardrobe contains oversized hoodies and big T-shirt. It is so embarrassing and uncomfortable whenever she caught a guy staring at her behind.

She tied her hair into a tight ponytail. Part of the big change was her hair, she ditched her long wavy hair for a shoulder length hair along with her new bangs. She loves her long hair but ever since the incident, she gets scared that someone may pull her by her long hair in other to attack her.

She pulls her straight jeans firmly to her waist, adjusting her apron. She opened the door to join her partner on the counter.

"Good morning Leah" Felix chimes happily, Leah gave him a fake smile.

"Good morning" she replies in greeting.

"How was your weekend?" He continues cheerily, am in no mood for this conversation, she thought.

"Cool" I mutter. I flinched as he placed his hand on my wrist. I look up to catch his hurt expression when i removed my hand from his but he quickly covers it up. He was about to speak up when he was cut off.

"What are you two doing still standing there?! Get to work!" John snarled.

Let me tell you a bit about John our manager. When i was first employed here, he was super nice to me that it was sickening. I catch him a few times giving me lewd and lustful stares but i ignored it. What made him hate me so much was that i refuse to go to bed with him, it seems am the only female employer he hasn't slept with. Hence, the hate....