Chapter 38

"You like your ice cream?" She nods, taking another scoop. We were both in an ice cream shop few shops away from the bakery. I texted our mum telling her that we will head home from here and not to bother waiting for us. "Are you ready to talk about it?"

"Nope" she said eating up her chocolate ice cream, she has this thing for chocolates and she will eat it in whatever medium it comes, be it cake, bread, ice cream, smoothie, cookies, anything! I remember when she was ten and mom kept worrying about her sweet tooth, my dad will just wave it off... He spoils her so much, sometimes we even get jealous.

When he died, it affected us a lot but I bet she and Max were affected the most, am a mama's boy and am proud of it.

"Come on sis... At least there must be a reason for your boyfriend to go psycho on your best friend" I pressured her, "and no, don't tell me its nothing"

She sighs dramatically, rolling her eyes upwards, dropping her spoon.

"Matt, it's none of your business" she folds her arms glaring at me.

"Well it is.. If the situation made you cry, do you want me and Max to kick some butt?" I wiggle my eyebrows, a faint smile appears on her face.

"No brother... It doesn't involve any butt kicking, it just a little misunderstanding between them, we will figure it out" she gave a fake smile.

I nodded but I didn't buy it, there is definitely a problem somewhere. Am a guy, and when a guy starts throwing punches around over a girl, its either he is jealous or the other guy is trying woo his girl.

We talked about a bunch of stuff, its been a long time since we have done this, the only person missing here was Max.

"Speaking of Max... Something is going on that I think you should know but promise you won't tell mother... Yet" I said sounding and looking serious, she sits up due to my countenance.

"Okay?" She said placing her arms on the small table, leaning in. "Fess up" I look around to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Once the coast was clear, i leaned in and started talking.

"Am worried about Max, there is something you need to know" I whispered out.

"Okay.. But why are we whispering?" she whispers back.

"It's kinda confidential or should I say incriminating"

"Okay... Go on"

"I think Matt, is selling drugs" i rasped out looking nervous. I look up to see her face lose color, her tan face almost turning pale and white.

"What?" She asks looking shocked. "I mean... How?, how did he come about it?" I shrug.

"Trust me I was also shocked at the new development, my suspicion started when he was sneaking out in the middle of the night" she gasps.

"He was sneaking out again?! And you couldn't tell me?"

"Lower your voice sis" I hissed at her as she glares at me, she gestures for me to continue "Last night, while he was outside, i went to his side of the room to get my notebook from his bedside, i stumble on a parcel and I decided to have a look at what was inside... Guess what I saw"

She gulps "what?"

"'Snow'... Am sure its cocaine sis" I said worriedly, only God knows what got into him that made him indulge in drugs.

"Is he?.. You know" she points to here nose.

"I don't know, i don't think so, like I told you he sneaks out irregularly, and that parcel is too big for anyone to buy"