Chapter 19(B)

"What happened to you Matilda?" She was silent but am not gonna stay silent on this.
"Yesterday... Before our brawl at the diner, none of these were there" she froze as I stared at her wrist which displayed red finger prints, i gasped as everything finally clicked in. "Wait... Was it Antonio?" She shakes her head vigorously in denial.

"No it-"

"Its him right... Because you left with him last night... Oh God...that disgusting pig"
I hear her sob. 

"Please you can't tell anyone... Please" she begs me shaking visibly. I looked at her face closely then I noticed the bruised mark covered by heaps of makeup.

"Why...?  Did he threaten you?. Uhn! That bastard!" I growled as she burst into hot tears, crouching on the bare cold floor "am gonna report him" at my words she stops crying, she quickly wore her jacket wincing every now and then.

"Don't" she voiced out, her voice sounding strained.

"But!-"

"No!  Rosalia... If you really want to help, please don't tell anyone" she sounded really desperate.

"Why shouldn't I?!"

"Cause he is a Banerio! Don't you get it, a Banerio!!" She screamed at me and and a shiver ran down my spine, not because of her scream but because of that damned family name. "You seem to forget who he really his, and you and I both know what he and his family are capable of doing"I sighed as she continues "you may be enjoying some privileges because you are Leah's friend, but don't test his patience" she begs me.

"What should I do?" I ask her, already confused with the whole situation.

"You know what?" She sniffs as she wipes her tears with her hands makeup smudged she grabs my both shoulders  gently. "Let's forget we had this conversation, and go back to being enemies... But promise me you will keep Leah safe from him.. Please" I sigh looking at her pleading eyes.

"I will try my best" I nod but she quickly hugs me leaving me surprised but I know she needs it, i hugged her back.

"You are Leah's best friend, almost like a sister to her, she will listen to you... He is not good person" she whispers warily as she pull away from the hug.

"I know"

******************************

We both laughed as we walked on the beach, laughing our hearts out on a joke shared by Hunter about is two best friends.

"You mean he wore a Batman costume to his own birthday party" I giggled again as he nods, he just finished reminiscing a story of one of his friends ten years birthday.

"His mum almost passed out, but the crazy guy just continued to have his fun.. Mason can be crazy a times, still his though"

We sat down on the sand looking ahead at the endless water, as it blows the soft breeze carrying its salty scent. I dropped my sandal that was in my hands as we both fell into silence. But not for long.

"Your mum is really nice" he said

"She makes friends with everyone" I smile at the thought of my mum.

"Mind if I ask, what of your dad" my breathing hitched, as I feel a warm moist around my eyes, he must have noticed this "am sorry, you don't ha-"

"Its ok Hunter" I cleared my throat. "He is dead" I looked away not wanting pity "he died years ago" it hurts me whenever I remember my father is not here with us anymore. The man who was my escort to my first spring dance when I was six, the same man who serenades my mother with his guitar, as my brothers and I watch them as they stare at each other with loving looks, loving the rhythm passed from the guitar into our ears even if we don't know the meaning. A warm hand grabs mine in comfort, rubbing it.