Chapter 9(B)

He squints his green eyes in concentration trying to see what could have caused the strange sound from the engine. Sweat drips from his forehead due to the hot weather and the job he was indulged in.

He sighs standing up to take the spanner. His hair as grew longer, he had to put it in a man bun to avoid it getting dirty. His grey tank top sticks to his chiseled chest, along with his dirty jeans and lumber boots, grease was smeared on his natural tan skin, slight stubble covered his Greek like face.

No doubt... He is a good looking man.

He bends over the car, maneuvering over the engine like an expert when he flew up in reflex due to his daughter's scream,  hitting his head against the bonnet in the process as he groans.

He looks up towards his house to see what caused the scream from his six year old daughter. Soon after, her loud wail followed as her five year old brothers burst out of the house. They both look angry yet you could see the mischief in their eyes as they come running towards him.

He groans then laughs at the two identical boys who jumped on him as he carries them on his both arms.

"What atrocity did you commit this time?" He teased as he gently placed them on the ground.

"It was Leah's fault! She refused to let us take her crayons" Young Matt complained.

"Her crayons? I bought those crayons for her. I thought you had yours?" He asked the two boys.

"No we don't.. We kinda lost it" he said sheepishly.

"What did you do that made her cry?" The two boys looked at each other. "What did you do?" He pestered.

"We broke some of it" Max stated, not looking at least a bit sorry.

"Boys... " he sighs as he squats to their level. "Haven't i warned you to quit bullying your elder sister or to not make her cry?" He scolded.

"She was being stingy, she refused to give us her crayons" they protested.

"Did you ask politely?" He smiles knowing his sons as they shake their heads.

"But she is our sister, we should share everything" Max complained bitterly.

"Yes she is your sister and you should share everything but not all things. Sometimes you need to ask for her permission. If you have asked nicely am sure she would have given you" he lectured.

"She is such a cry baby" Matt mutters.

"No she is not. She is just angry and frustrated and she is letting her feelings out."

"Does mum cry also?" He asks innocently.

Their father was quiet for a while thinking of how to answer their tricky yet important question.

"Of course she does...  its okay to cry but not every time. That is why you should under no condition make your mother and sister cry, females tend to show their emotions unlike we males. They are both females but yet they are really strong. Your mother for instance, gave birth to you, cooks for you and takes care of us. We may be strong but they are stronger than us in some areas"

"How?" Matt asked looking confused as their father smiles, standing up, ruffling their hair.

"When you grow older, you will understand. Promise me you won't make your sister cry again, okay?"

"We promise" they both said.

"Good... Am gonna get you your crayons tomorrow same with your sister but first you are gonna apologize to Leah" they both groan. "Okay then, am gonna get a pack only for Leah_"

 Stolen moments  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें