Chapter 19(A)

That is our muse- Sofia__Leah Martinez.

"A what now...?"

"An item like are you guys like dat-"

"I know what you mean, and no we are not dating... That would be ridiculous"

"Are you sure?" he raised his  eyebrows at me.

"Yea, he is my best friend he is like a brother to me" he nods and sighed,it looks like a weight as been lifted up his chest.

"Are you ok?" I asked sounding worried as a of sign nervousness was written all over his handsome face, he smiled up at me, he was about to open up when we were interrupted.

"Leah, i have been looking ar- oh... You are with a friend?" my mum looks at me then at Hunter "I see you are busy maybe I should come back later" I quickly stood up, shaking my head stopping her from moving further as Hunter follows suit.

"No mum, actually I want you to meet someone.. Mum this is Hunter,Hunter meet my mum" my mother's eyes widen in remembrance and recognition.

"The same Hunter..?" she asked me as she smiled widely at him while I rolled my eyes.

"The same Hunter" he looks confused by our interaction but shrugs it off as he threw my mother an award winning smile, i snickered as I saw my mother go red. I told you he as an effect on both old and young.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Martinez" he reaches out for an handshake but my mother being who she is pulled him into a hug, he looks surprised but after a nod from me with a smile of assurance he hugs her as he towers over her. She released him "pleased to meet you Hunter, i have heard a lot about you" she beams at him.

"All pleasure his mine Mrs. Mar-"

"Please call me Emilia" she cuts him off, i stood there surprise, what did he use on my mother, its only Rosalia, Antonio and some close family members and friends that calls her by name. "Leah... You never told me he was this handsome" she wriggles her eyebrows at me as I groaned my cheeks red from embarrassment as Hunter smirks winking at me. He mouths "she loves me."

"Mum.... Please don't embarrass me" she waves off my words.

"Would you like to try my homemade soup and Leah made some homemade muffins as well which am sure you would love" I shake my head, trust my mum to start a conversation even if its food. Before I knew what was happening, she has started pulling Hunter away towards a group of people, he looks at me uncertainly as I giggled following them quietly.

******************************

I took a bite from the muffin made by Leah and I moaned. My taste bud came to live instantly. I need to ask her for the recipe later. I look around the party, doing what I do best observing everyone. Leah is somewhere around here with Hunter, and am so happy for her. Finally, she has a male friend apart from that jerk bag, and I hope they are together by the end of this month even if they only met two weeks ago. A sliver of blonde caught my eyes, I looked a bit closer as she slips away from the crowd, an agitated look on her face, i finished my muffin as I watched her closely. She looks like she doesn't want to be here, as she walks towards the restrooms not before looking around cautiously, she enters closing the door after her.

"What are you up to Matilda?" I questioned my self, squinting my eyes at the spot the evil queen was a while ago, i sip my soda. "Why should I care? I mean she could go fu*k a tree" I spoke to myself, but something keeps telling me to go after her. My curiosity heightens "Uhr!!!!, fuck this!" I curse out as I slam my cup of soda on the table, a mother covers her little son's ears as she glared at me for my foul language while I glared back. I stood up going towards the restroom meant for the ladies. I entered into empty,brightly lit room i looked around I immediately spot her standing in front of the mirror but was shocked with what I saw. Bruises... Lots and lots of bruises, around her neck , towards her back, I watch her as she completely removes her jacket that she wore on her mini dress, she removes the scarf around her neck and I couldn't help but gasp, it was horrible.

"What happened to you?" I questioned stepping out of the shadows, she froze, standing like a rock before spinning around trying to cover herself up with the scarf.

"What are you doing here?!" She shrieks with that her high pitched voiced she used on the cheer leading squad during our high school days,always shouting at her girls with words like "were you drop on the head while you were being hatched" or words like "you were meant to chant the song not sounding like a strangled cat" and trust me it can be really annoying with her stupid megaphone.

"What happened to you?" I ask her again, sternly.

"Nothing" she shrugs turning back to the mirror.

"You can't tell me its nothing"

She snickers "As if you care... "

"Look we may not like each other that much but.. But this is bad..."gesturing to the bruises.  She sighs, she turns around again, and looks up at me and what I saw leaves me in wonder what really happened to this fierce, bold young lady... She looks broken,as if the little light left in her as been quenched. "What happened to you Matilda" I questioned softly.

Will Matilda open up to Rosalia?
What do you think of  Rosalia's
personality?
Next chapter coming up....