Chapter 17(B)

The guard slightly bowed his head as i step out of the expensive car. I look up at the private jet, my private jet. My stationed guards present, that was when i saw her with the two people coming with me, making us four.

I walk up towards them looking stoic as ever, my hands deep in my trouser pocket. My p.a, Amy was present,along side one of my contractors then lastly... Leah. I give them orders stating what and what they would do and achieve while in Paris. I dismissed them but told her to stay.

I take a good look at her outfit as she held her bag in a tight grip. She looked uncomfortable as she was fidgeting uncontrollably. Her hair was up in her infamous messy bun and i don't know why she does that. It surprising why she cut her hair in the first place.

All this questions had been swimming in my head. After she left with Alejandro that Friday night, Mason decided to look into her case, gather facts about her... Something i never did because i believed whatever she said. He told me he will try to dig up some facts maybe he may find some dirt. Though i never supported it but trust Mason to be adamant over some one else's business.

The story changed early yesterday morning when i called him. He refused to tell me what he discovered but he urged me to get close to her telling me 'things are not what it seems'. He discovered something... I know he did but it is frustrating that am left in the dark.

This business trip is not only for us to work but it's for me to find out the reason why she did what she did. I want the truth, which brings us here.

She told me years ago she loves Paris and when i saw the opportunity of taking her there without her finding it suspicious, i grabbed it.

"How are you Miss Martinez?" I know.. I sounded formal but remember, to avoid being suspicion.

"Am fine sir" she replies curtly, looking everywhere but me.

"Good. During this trip you will be working directly under me, i will give you a go and an approval on some of the projects and you will accompany me to some meetings. Am i clear?"

"Yes sir.. But i do have a question" I inwardly groan, of course she does, I gave a slight nod for her to go on "I learnt i will be working under a team, i wasn't told i would be working under you" she stated, her words laced with curiosity.

"I changed my mind, you will be working with me through out this trip. Now if that is all, it's time to get on the plane" I turn around abruptly, i hear her let out a small sigh as the wheels of her bag drags behind her as she followed me. I smirk at the small victory.

As soon as we step into the plane, i see her gawk at the interior of the airplane. I smile at her behavior, it never fails to amaze me how she gets fascinated by interior designing.

One of the guards helps her with the suitcase as she thanked him. She stood awkwardly, looking nervous. That was when i realized i had been staring at her.

I clear my throat taking a seat on one of the comfy chairs. She sat on the seat on the other side. Seems she is trying to be far away from me.

I set up my laptop as i steal a glance in her direction, she was going through a booklet, a picture of the Eiffel Tower was on the cover of the booklet. She must have noticed my stare again as she used the book to hide her face. I chuckled shaking my head turning to my laptop.

This is going to be a very long trip.

Two hours in the plane, i look up again to see her dozing off. The booklet laid open beside her. I saved the file i was working on, on my laptop. Standing up, i walk towards her seat. Taking a good look at her.