Ch.76 Going Home

~~~~Time Skip/Emiko's P.O.V.~~~~

It's currently the morning of the next day. I was sitting at the desk Toshiro got for me. I just stared down at it's surface.

Ichigo and the others should be going home in a little bit.

"..."

I haven't told him or the others. They'll probably start to worry once they realize I'm missing. But, I can't face them. I can't see them off... Not right now.

"..."

I wouldn't be able to say goodbye.

"..."

"Emiko."

I lift my head to find the captain entering the office with a small stack of papers in his hands.

"Yes, Captain Hitsugaya?"

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Huh?"

"You're going to be late if you don't go to the Senkaimon right now."

...What?

"Captain, I can't-"

"Your brother and friends are going to worry if you don't show up. You wouldn't want to put them through that now, right?"

As he asks, he sets the papers on his desk.

"..."

He faces me.

"Get going. It took the Head Captain a lot of convincing to let you be able to go home."

"...You..."

"It wasn't just me. Rangiku, Shunsui, Jushiro, Nagi, Kazz, and Byakuya were fighting for you to be able to return home."

All of them? Byakuya too?

"Captain..."

He shows a small smile as he folds his arms.

"Is that all you can say?"

"..."

I'm instantly on my feet. I rush to his side and bow deeply to him.

"Thank you, Captain. I'm incredibly grateful. I owe you."

"...You don't owe me a thing."

"But-"

"You better get going before you miss the others."

Straightening up, I smile at him. His face instantly turns red.

"Thank you again."

"Y-Yeah, w-well, when you're ready, m-make sure you come visit for your training."

I nod.

"Understood, sir."

I quickly run to the door and open it.

"I'll see you soon, Captain Hitsugaya."

Closing the door behind me, I run as fast as I could.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

I finally reach the place where the Senkaimon is set up. Catching my breath, I calm my emotions and return back to normal. Alongside Ichigo and our friends, and bunch of other people came to see them off as well.

 Alongside Ichigo and our friends, and bunch of other people came to see them off as well