Ch.54 Bankai Training

Nagi follows where Yoruichi had taken off to. We find a hidden hideout in minutes. Walking inside, we see Ichigo resting on the floor while the woman sat next to him.

She looks up at us and shows a small smile.

"Took you long enough, Nagi."

Nagi weakly smiles.

"Sorry, Byakuya was mouthing off again and you know how much I hate it. Besides, I'm not as fast as you, remember?"

"Right, I forgot."

"..."

Yoruichi looks my way.

"I'm glad you could make it here, Emiko. And I apologize for what I said earlier. Also, for what I did to your brother."

"...It's okay. I understand why you said what you did. Kisuke and Nagi helped train me for three days before coming here."

She nods as Nagi and I take a seat near Ichigo.

"However, are you sure you're Yoruichi? Last time I saw him, he was a cat, and sounded like a guy."

The woman truly smiles at me.

"Yes, that was me."

"...I see."

"...You really do look like him."

"Huh?"

"Sorry, just talking to myself."

"...Okay."

"Gah..."

We all focus on Ichigo, who was beginning to wake up.

"You're awake, Ichigo?" Yoruichi asks him.

He sits up and rubs the back of his head before remembering. Now angry, he stands and grabs Yoruichi's shirt collar, pinning her to the wall.

"Why? Why'd you bring me back alone?! I was the one with the best chance of surviving back there! Now Emiko, Ganju, Hanataro, and Rukia will all be killed!"

With an emotionless gaze, she responses.

"Don't be so vain. No one back there had any chance against Byakuya. Besides, Emiko is safely behind you."

"You-"

Yoruichi flips Ichigo onto the ground.

"Please be more careful, he's still injured

"Please be more careful, he's still injured." I calmly inform her.

"Right. However, it seems like he wants to open up his wounds."

"Go...to...hell..." Ichigo speaks, turning over.

"One person was all I could carry and get away from Byakuya."

"Then why not take Rukia instead of me?"

"True... But then, no one there had any chance of defeating Byakuya. However, you alone have the ability to. That's why I brought you back."