Ch.52 A New Development

Ichigo lands right in front of Rukia, putting away that machine he had there. He had even more bandages covering his body than before.

I don't care, at least he survived his fight with Kenpachi.

"Ichi..."

He walks by Rukia to Hanataro.

"You okay, Hanataro? Sorry, I didn't think you would run into this by going ahead. Where's Emiko and Ganju?"

Hanataro points towards us. Ichigo looks our way, and noticed the state Ganju was in.

"I see. Yo, Emiko! Catch!"

Ichigo throws my bag to me. I catch it effortlessly and begin treating Ganju's injuries. Meanwhile, Ichigo finally walks up to Rukia.

"Rukia, I came to save you."

"..."

"Why are you making that face for? I came to rescue you, so look happy!"

"...Dummy... I told you not to come... I said I wouldn't forgive you if you did... Look, you're wounded everywhere... You fool..."

"Look, you can get mad however you like later. After..."

Ichigo faces the two captains that were standing between us and him. He held a serious expression as looks at Byakuya.

"I defeat him!"

"...Ichigo?"

"What? You're not going to tell me to run away are you? I'll never do that. You should know that by now. It wasn't easy coming all this way, you know. No matter how you say it, it won't make any difference.

I'm going to drag you out of here if I have to! So don't even bother saying anything, cause I won't listen!"

"Wha...?"

Rukia and Ichigo begin to butt heads, losing their focus on the main goal.

"What's that suppose to mean?! You're ignoring the rescuee's opinions?! What kind of strange rescue attempt is this?!"

"Shut up! You're being rescued so stop complaining! You should be in a corner somewhere shivering in fear and crying for help!"

The two stare each other down. Rukia breaks her gaze first to sigh.

"You never change, do you? Ignoring everything I say..."

"Of course! You always nag and worry about me. You should worry more about yourself right now."

He smiles at her.

"So don't worry. I won't die yet."

"..."

"Don't look at me like that. I've gotten stronger while you were away. If you don't believe me, ask Emiko."