Ch.62 Aizen's Flawless Plan

Ichigo stood over us, protecting the three of us.

"Yo." he grins. "Why are you crouching on the ground like that? Is Rukia that heavy?"

"Ichigo..."

"Don't worry, I've come to help, Renji."

He's safe and alive. That means he must have won his fight against Byakuya. ...I'm glad he's okay. His shihakusho looks a bit different, though. That must be...his Bankai.

Ichigo grabs me before both him and Renji jump back, putting some distance between us and Aizen.

"Ichigo."

"Yeah?"

"Sorry." Renji apologizes. "You had to come and save-"

"You look pretty beaten up considering you were only carrying Rukia and Emiko around. Was the load that heavy for you to run away with?" Ichigo questions with an annoyed expression.

Renji gives him the same expression.

"What are you implying? Aren't you looking a little wobbly yourself? Shouldn't you be wrapped up in bed somewhere instead of coming here?"

They get in each other's faces, squishing Rukia and I.

"What?! Is that what you have to say to the guy who just saved your butt?!"

"Are you stupid?! I was going to thank you! But then you-"

"Guh! Gmmmuh!"

Muffled shouting causes the two to stop. Rukia and I managed to break out of their grasp as we take in fresh air.

"Rukia?"

"You okay, Emiko?"

"Fools!" we both shout at the same time.

We end up sucker punching each of our saviors.

What can I say, great minds think alike.

"Renji, were you trying to have me set a new record for holding my breath?! You nearly killed me!"

"Ichigo, you idiot, think next time! Oh wait, that's too much to ask of you!"

"S-Sorry." they both apologizes to us.

"Sorry, Captain Aizen. You didn't want me to interfere so I let the Ryoka boy by." Gin grins.

"...That's okay. The difference between one speck of dust or two isn't something you can see with your eyes."

The two fools refocus on Aizen.

"So that's Aizen?"

"Yeah."

"Do you still have enough energy to run away, Renji?"

"I do, but I'm not running."

"What-"