Ch.74 Forced Policies

...What?

"Wait...I-I can't stay here. I have to go home."

"You were born here. This is your home."

"No, it's not."

I had everyone's attention now.

"I have to go home... With my brother and our friends. I might have been born here, but I've lived most of my life in their world. How can I even call this place-"

"You seem to not understand the situation you're in. You are the White Soul Reaper. The power you wield is tremendous. At a certain point, you could even destroy the world you wish to return too."

Destroy...my world? No...I wouldn't do that.

"I would never-"

"You can't control your power just yet. How would you know what you can and cannot do at this time?"

"..."

I clutch my fists.

"Emi...don't you see what he's trying to say?" Nagi gently asks. "If you go back the way you are now, you could not only destroy that world...but hurt Ichigo and the others as well."

"..."

I let my fists go.

I have to protect my family. I would never want to hurt them... Dammit! Why was I the one to be born with this kind of power?

When I asked for the power to protect everyone...I didn't want that same power to keep me from my family.

"...Fine."

That's all I could say. Much to my dismay.

"...You'll be training under one of these captains to help properly guide you."

"..."

"Wait, Grandpa! She doesn't get a say in who trains her?" Nagi tilts her head.

"I will be picking-"

"I pick either Shunsui or Jushiro."

"Nagi~."

"What?! She's one of my best friends! I want a say in this!"

"I wouldn't mind taking the pretty young lady into my squad, Head Captain." Shunsui makes his opinion known.

He sends a kind smile my way.

"As for me as well, Head Captain. She'll even have Rukia by her side, making her stay even more comfortable." Ukitake speaks as well.

That's right. Rukia is my sister too.

"Well, if we're saying what we feel... Join my squad, kid."

I look up at Kenpachi to find him grinning wildly at me.

"I would love to fight against someone as strong as you."

"..."

I take a step away from him.

Ichigo and Nagi told me all about this battle-crazy-monster.

"Hmm~. Researching the legendary White Soul Reaper does sound enticing... Fine then, if you join squad twelve, I promise not to run too many painful experiments." the captain with face paint creepily smirks at me.

"..."

I take a step away from him as well.

Uryu warned me about him. His name is Mayuri Kurotsuchi. He's basically a mad scientist come to life.