Ch.38 Get Ready...And Goodbye

Reaching Mr. Urahara's shop, we spot him waiting outside...along side with Chad.

"Hey, you two. Right on time." Kisuke smiles.

"...Chad? Why are you here?" Ichigo questions him.

"Rukia Kuchiki once saved me. I'm going too."

"Wait, what?!"

I tilt my head a bit, thinking.

Kisuke must have explained everything to him and Orihime the last time I saw them at his shop.

"What, you didn't hear?"

Turning around towards the new voice, Ichigo and I find Uryu standing behind us. He was wearing an all white outfit as he stares us down.

"Uryu?! But-"

"There's no way I will remain defeated by a bunch of soul reapers. So I'm going too."

I understand Uryu, but can Chad even defend himself? Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, he should totally come. Besides, I shouldn't be the one questioning whether he can defend himself or not.

"Look, now we're all here."

Coming from around the corner, Orihime appears before us.

...Okay...why is she coming?

"Hey, Ichigo. Emiko."

Surrounded by all his friends, Ichigo freaks a bit.

"Wait! What the hell is going on here?!"

"Pretty slow on the up-take, aren't you?"

I never heard that voice before. We watch as a black cat walks his way up to us. Crouching down, I face the cat.

"Did...you just talk?"

"Yes, old news. Are you as slow as your brother?"

"..."

I end up grabbing the cat's tail as I stand. The cat dangles right in front of me.

"Hey!" he freaks. "Let go of me! That hurts!"

My voice was emotionless, cold, and deadly.

"How dare you compare my intelligences to that of my brother's. That's a great insult to me."

"Oh, is it now?" Ichigo growls next to me.

"Silence." I simply said.

Not only Ichigo, but everyone around me had chills run down their spines.

"Geez," the cat whines. "Kisuke told me about you, but who knew you'd share the same disdain for me as that man does."

That man? ...Now's not the time to ask.

"Disdain? I don't even know you, cat. And besides, as long as you don't compare me to my idiot brother, we'll have no problem. Understood?"

"Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Now let me go!"