Ch.18 June 17th Is Approaching

It's a calm morning, and I was sleeping peacefully... That was until I sense immediate danger.

My eyes snap open as something came flying towards me.

"Emikooooo~!"

Without a second thought, I swing my fist and punch the lion plushie straight in the face. It crashes into the closet door and bounces off. As it land on the floor, the closet door opens to reveal Rukia.

"What's wrong?!"

"Nothing, I'm sorry for waking you." I apologize as I sit up.

"Ow~, why~?" the plushie cries.

The moving toy is the result of Ichigo placing the mod soul in one of Yuzu's stuffed animals.

"Why would you do that?"

"Kon~." I spoke in a cold voice.

He sits up, shaking.

"Why aren't you in Ichigo's room?"

"I-I-I thought I should c-come wake the beautiful princess f-from her slumber."

"And when did I ask this of you?"

He gets up, and runs right to my side. That's when he dropped to his knees and kept bowing to me.

"I-I'm so sorry, my lady! I'll never anger my goddess ever again!"

I sigh as I stand. Picking him up, I open my bedroom door and place him in the hallway.

"Will you stop calling me such names. Just call me Emiko. Now go back and wake Ichigo."

Standing tall, he salutes me.

"Yes, my mistress!"

I slam the door shut.

"That little pervert is annoying."

"Well, Ichigo and you wanted to keep him." Rukia replies.

"I'm starting to regret that decision."

It's been a couple days since Kon, Ichigo named him, been secretly living with us. I have no problem with it, as long as he stays in Ichigo's room.

Oh, and if you're wondering, nobody remembers Ichigo's body acting weird the day Kon took over it. From what Rukia told me, Kisuke worked hard to make everyone forget. And speaking of Kisuke...

I look over at my desk to see the business card still sitting there.

I've haven't called him yet.

*Tap* *Tap*

"Yo, let me in."

I look towards the window to find Nagi outside of it.

"You know you can go right through it, right?"

"Yeah, but that would be rude."

I open my window and she hops on in.

"Oh, hey Rukia! It's been a while, huh?"

"It has." she smiles. "How have you've been?"

"Good! Just hanging around town, meeting new ghosts, making new friends."

"Why are you here?" I questioned.

"What!? I can't just hang out with my friend?"

I send her a glare.

"Geez, and you wonder why you have no friends! ...But, yeah... I have a reason."

"Exactly."

"Shut up! ...I came to support you for tomorrow."

"...Right...tomorrow..."

Everyone was silent after that. Rukia just looked between us, confused.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's currently night time as the whole family gathers around the dinning room table. Isshin stands in front, shouting his words.

"And now I will open the meeting to decide tomorrow's duties! To be honest, since the chairman is dad, then dad has final say in everything!"

"Whaaaaaat!?" Karin slams her hands on the table. "What's with that!? That's not a meeting!"

"And why are you referring yourself in the third person?" I asked.

"Hey! You two raise your hands before you speak! Anyway, as usual, Yuzu and Emiko are the lunch staff. Karin is the luggage carrier."

"What!?"

"Oh, dad cut his hair for tomorrow. What do you guys think?"

"It's the same!"

"Dad, please stop talking like that." Yuzu adds.

From the corner of my eye, I spot Ichigo smiling as he watches this mess of a meeting take place.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"That looked fun."

Ichigo, Rukia, and I were currently hanging out in his room. The meeting had ended a few minutes ago.

"What did?" Ichigo asks.

"The family meeting." Rukia answers. "What's that about anyway? Are you guys going to skip school tomorrow and have a picnic?"

"Hey, Rukia..."

"..."

"...I was wondering...if it's okay to take a break from my soul reaper duties tomorrow... Just for one day..."

"What...? What are you talking about?! Of course it's not possible! What in the world is your problem?!"

"It's the anniversary." I answer her. "Tomorrow is the day our mom died."

"No...that's not it... In truth, it wasn't just the day she died." Ichigo talks.

"That's right... It was the day she was murdered."