Ch.53 Yoruichi The Cat

I watch as Byakuya uses flash step to get behind Ichigo.

He's planning on doing the same attack he did back in our world.

However, before he could get the chance to stab Ichigo, my brother blocks his zanpakuto with his own.

His action surprises Byakuya. Grinning, Ichigo faces him.

"You said I think too highly of myself? I saw every single step, Byakuya Kuchiki."

Ichigo saw it too?

He jumps back to put some distance between him and the enemy.

"I see...you improved more than I thought. In that case..." Byakuya speaks, holding his zanpakuto straight up once more.

No, Ichigo's in danger.

"Before you can start to become too full of yourself... I will show you. What you can't compensate for with a thousand years of training, the decisive difference in strength."

"No!" Rukia screams. "Run! Ichigo!"

"Scatter-"

Before he can even release his zanpakuto, some person appeared and manage to stop it with some type of cloth.

Everyone, besides me, seemed to be shocked by this person's appearance.

"You...Yoruichi." Ukitake manages to mutter.

Wait, the cat?

The woman stands and faces Byakuya.

"It's been a long time, huh? Byakuya."

"Yoruichi Shihoin." Byakuya rips the cloth off his blade. "Former Commander of the Stealth Force and Captain of Squad One's Punishment Force. I haven't seen your face in a while. It's been a few hundred years since your disappearance. Everyone thought you had died."

"Yoruichi..." Ichigo speaks up. "Did you come to save me? Thank you...but please, move aside. I have to defeat him."

"Defeat him? You? By yourself? ...Idiot."