Ch.63 His True Goal

Dragging Rukia off, Aizen begins explaining.

"Do you know about soul reaper's four basic forms of combat? They are Zanjutsu, Hakuda, Hoho, and Kido

"Do you know about soul reaper's four basic forms of combat? They are Zanjutsu, Hakuda, Hoho, and Kido. All of them are similar in that they each have a limit.

No matter how much innate capability you have, you can never overcome the limitation of a soul reaper's spiritual body. That's where the growth stops. In other words, that is the soul repear's limit.

Is there no way to break that boundary? Is there no way to grow and surpass your innate limitation? There is... But there is only one way, and that is... A soul reaper becoming a Hollow."

But that...sounds ludicrous.

"When the boundary between Hollow and soul reaper is removed, you can create a new existence capable of achieving new heights. This concept has existed in theory for a long time.

With all my focus, I had successfully created several Hollows that were close to soul reapers. Hollows that could hide their spiritual pressure, make zanpakuto disappear, and even fuse with soul reapers."

Wait, isn't that what happened to Kaien? So he killed him...

"However, all of them were trash, and not worthy of being called break-throughs. Other researchers are bound by stupidity and morality, so no one has ever made any sort of break-through either.

No one...except Kisuke Urahara.

He created a substance that reacts beyond the conventional physics of the Soul Society. It can instantly dissolve the barrier between both Hollows and soul reapers. The name of such substance is known as the Hogyoku.

It's an extremely dangerous material. He probably thought so too... Because he tried to destroy it. However, he could not undo his own creation. So, in desperation, he did something else.

He put a barrier around it and buried it within the depths of a person's soul. The place he chose to hide it in was you...Rukia Kuchiki."

"Rukia?" I mumbled.

"By the time I discovered this, you had already gone missing in the World of the Living. I knew that had to be Kisuke's doing.

A Gigai is made up of high-density spiritual matter and is used to temporarily contain a recovering soul reaper. Therefore, it is usually very easy for the Soul Society to keep track of it. Yet, they lost track of a soul reaper after she entered a Gigai.

That should be impossible. However, he developed a type of substance that did not contain spiritual matter, and because he created an untraceable Gigai using that special substance, he was sentenced into exile.

There was another reason for his exile. That particular Gigai caused the spiritual energy of the soul reaper inside it to deteriorate. So the soul reaper that entered it could never recover their energy. Their control would eventually become dull, and then they would lose all of their spiritual power.