Ch.12 Hero To The Rescue

"Run for me! The both of you! Let me have the pleasure of chasing you down!"

"Don't move Chad!" Rukia warns him. "If you move one step, he'll blow up the bird!"

Chad looks towards her.

"But...new girl, you're..."

Rukia weakly climbs to her feet as blood ran down from the side of her head.

"Don't worry about me. Look after Emiko, will you? I promise...I'll kick his butt!"

I simply shake my head.

"If you think I'll let you become bait then you are-"

"I'll be fine. You two should really stay out of this."

"...Fine."

"Chad, keep Emiko safe."

"O...Okay."

And with that Rukia took off running away, amusing the Hollow.

"Only one is running?" the Hollow speaks. "That's fine. Once I catch you, I'll go after that "human" girl."

"Let's see if you can!"

As she ran, the little Hollows spit those leech bombs towards her, but she skillfully dodges them. 

With all of the little Hollows and the main one after her, she turns the street corner, disappearing from our sight

Chad walks up to the bird cage and picks it up.

"Stay here and keep Yuichi safe." I ordered him. "I'll help Rukia."

"But-"

I take off running, not listening to what Chad had to say. I turn a few street corners until I finally catch up with her. She was dripping blood as she stops in front of the Hollow.

What is she doing?

I could hear them speak as I got closer.

"Huh? What? Giving up? How boring. I don't get to chase soul reapers everyday. I hope that "human" girl put up more of a fight than you do."

"You will not go after her. And I am not giving up. There's just no reason for me to run now."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Earlier, you said I could attack."

I see.

"So I'll take your suggestion!"

"What did you- UGH!!"

With all my force, I jump and stomp the Hollow's head into the ground...as well as someone else.

"Ichigo?" I question as I look at the person standing next to me

He starts shouting at Rukia right away.

"Look at you! You're a bloody mess! You said you wouldn't take unnecessary risks!"

Rukia simply grins back in pain.

"Shut up. I had to say that. Anyway, they weren't unnecessary."

Ichigo takes a second to clam down and grin back.

"Yeah...okay..."

"Hey?! Will you two get off my head already?!"

The two of us jump off and stood tall in front of the Hollow as he gets up.

"The name's Ichigo Kurosaki. Substitute Soul Reaper. If you wanna play tag, then I'm it."

"Substitute Soul Reaper? Well, you're soul does smell similar to that "human" girl."

Ichigo looks towards me.

"What is he talking about?"

I simply cross my arms as I try to think.

"I don't know. He said my scent smells of that of a soul reaper. Probably because I'm always near you and Rukia. You two must be rubbing off on me."

"Don't blame me. Blame little miss reaper behind us."

"I could honestly care less."

"Dammit, looks like I made a mistake. Earlier, when you two split up...I should have targeted you from the beginning!"

The Hollow opens it's mouth and starts making that weird sound with it's tongue again. The little Hollows around us get ready to attack.

"Ichigo!"

Now wearing a glove, Rukia pushes her hand against his chest, freeing his soul from his body. 

Once free, and in his soul reaper form, he goes after the little Hollows right away

Once free, and in his soul reaper form, he goes after the little Hollows right away. Clearing the area, he ends up cutting the big Hollow's shoulder.

"Too slow."

Ichigo stood protectively in front of Rukia and I as he keeps his attention on the grotesque creature. More little Hollows appeared by the bigger one's feet.

"Be careful, Ichigo." Rukia warns him. "Those little inconveniences act as that monster's bombs."

"Bombs, huh? I see. So that's what made Chad stop like that. And the reason you were leading them away from him and Emiko, right?"

Rukia simply nods.

"Damn..." Ichigo clutches his fist. "You made Karin cry, took hostages, attacked a passive woman, and hurt Emiko. You're a complete bastard, huh?"

The Hollow grins.

"Well, yeah. But it's going to be this bastard that will eat you."

"Ichigo!"

Rukia and I look turn around as Ichigo begins to battle the Hollow.