Strike (Part 3)

"Hey," Adrien softly greeted, sitting down next to his girlfriend.

"Go away!" The noirette yelled, tears streaming down her face.

"Nope," The green-eyed boy refused, popping the p.

"It's not fair! Why does Ronnie's legs have to be all messed up from some cheater's mistake?! He's gonna be devastated once his parents break the news!"

"It's gonna be okay. His parents are suing Jackson!"

"Yeah, at least that's one good thing that came out of this situation."

Adrien wrapped his arm around her and kissed her temple. "It's gonna be okay. He's gonna be okay."

"Guys!" Logan called, exiting the hospital. "Ronnie's parents are about to...deliver Ronnie the news. They say they want you two and our friends to be there and comfort him."

Kali and Adrien got up and went back inside with the dark-brown haired boy.

~~~~~~~~

"Guys!" Ronnie grinned as the whole class poured into his room. 

"Hey," Kim said sadly.

Juleka looked at her friend's unhappy faces. "What's wrong?"

"Ron's parents have something to say to him," Nino whispered to Juleka.

"Are you guys okay?" Ronnie asked worriedly.

"Ronnie, w-we have something to tell you," Cherline spoke up, gripping her husband's hand.

"What is it? Am I gonna be able to race still?!" Ronnie smiled.

"No sport" Noel shook his head, tears brimming eyes. "Your......Y-your..." He sniffled. "Y-Your paralyzed son, that's why you couldn't feel your legs."

Ronnie's smile dropped.

"I'm so, so sorry," Cherline sobbed. "B-But you won't be able to race again."

"No....no, no, no! YOUR LYING!"

"They're not Ronnie; I'm sorry," Kalianna apologized.

Ronnie began bawling as he covered his face. Juleka mustered up the courage to climb on his bed next to him and hug him tightly, crying as well. The rest of the class joined in.

"I'm sorry bro, so sorry" Logan patted the light-green-eyed boy's shoulder.

"Please, j-just go" Ronnie requested.

"But Ronnie-poo-"

"Please!" Ronnie interrupted Chloé. "You too Jules"

Juleka and the rest of the class nodded and began shuffling out of the room.

Ronnie waved briefly before he went back to crying as his parents comforted him.

"So uh...anyone...hungry?" Nathaniel asked quietly, trying to lighten the mood.

"The one place I remember going to with Ronnie when I was in California was IN-N-OUT. We used to go there all the time" Kali looked up the location on her phone's GPS. "Come on, let's go"

At IN-N-OUT

After everyone had ordered and got their food, Kalianna paid for everything by transferring the money. They separated and sat down at two tables and proceeded to eat their food in silence, even Chloé had enough decency to not complain.

~~~~~~~~

The class was now back on the private jet riding back home, once again, silence. Ruben didn't even attempt to speak to them, already sensing their gloomy aura before they got on the plane.