Robustus

Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom

"See for yourself, Mr. Damocles. Nothing happens when I press the button" Ms. Mendeleiev said as Marinette and Max entered the classroom.

"You're in luck, Mrs. Mendeleiev. I'm a bit of a computer whiz!" Mr. Damocles cracks his knuckles. "Okay" He begins typing for a bit on the keyboard. "And there you go!"

The laptop gets rebooted and shows the desktop screen on the projector screen. All of the students, except Max, are impressed by Mr. Damocles's computer skills. But suddenly the screen crashes and shows that a computer virus has taken over the system.

"That's not supposed to be happening! What is it?" Ms. Mendeleiev asked.

"It's Dino-33, a malicious computer virus! Let me try something! Max offered.

"Go back to your seat now, Max! Leave this to the adults!" The teacher snapped.

Max grunts in annoyance and is heading back to his seat when suddenly a voice is heard from inside his bag.

"Inform the adults that if they don't neutralize the virus in the next seventy-five seconds, there's a 99.9% chance the hard disk will be permanently damaged!"

"Quiet!" Max said to his bag as he sat down.

"Did you guys hear what I just hear?" Kalianna asked Adrien and Nino, who nodded.

"It's destroying all the school data! It's a disaster!" Mr. Damocles looked at Max. "How many seconds do you say we have left?"

"Only sixty-five" Max replied.

"Let him try" Ms. Mendeleiev nods. Mr. Damocles turns the laptop to Max. "Go ahead"

Max reaches into his bag for something to help fix the school's system. "Unnh! Where is it?" A mechanical arm from his bag holds up a flash drive to him. "I believe this is what you're looking for?"

Everyone in the room is surprised that the mechanical arm is actually talking to Max.

"Oh, thanks. This is an anti-virus device I-I created it with help from...my best friend" Max announced.

A little robot flies out of Max's bag and reveals himself to everyone in the room. "Hello. My name is Markov"

The students gasp in awe at seeing Markov.

"We can fix this, Max!" Markov encouraged.

Max plugs the flash drive into a USB port, and presses a button on it. "This flash drive neutralizes a hundred percent of the virus!"

"And cleans the computer's hard disk at the same time!" Markov added.

"Oh, fascinating!" Mr. Damocles commented.

The flash drive successfully purges the virus and restores the computer to normal.

"Everything is in order!" Max declared.

Markov fist-bumps the boy. "Nailed it!"

"Congratulations young man! Very impressive indeed!" Mr. Damocles praised.

The students, except Chloé and Sabrina, get out of their seats and walk to the front desk, feeling very impressed with Markov.

"Wow! Sweet!" Rose spoke.

"That's so..." Marinette trailed off.

"Awesome? I know! I'm so gonna write a blog about Markov!" Alya uttered excitedly.

In the crowd, Nathaniel begins sketching on his pad.

"You've added arms to him since the last time! That's cool!" Kim remarked.