Finally free

Jennifer's P.O.V.

I looked at Leah nervously as I held my phone.

"The results for your latest lab show that you are 100% cancer-free and there are no signs of it coming back again." The nurse said.

I was speechless and I did not know what to say, no words were coming out.

"That is great! Thank you so much for updating us, Jennifer is in shock and can't speak but thank you!" Leah said and held my hand as I sat there frozen.

"Alright, no problem, Congratulations Miss Lopez. Have a wonderful rest of your day." The nurse said then hung up.

"Oh my god...." I said and instantly broke down in tears as I hugged Leah tightly. The kids, Alex, and Angelo, all joined me and Leah for a group hug.

Everyone started crying, but Leah and I were crying the most.

"you did it, baby!" Leah said and smiled at me.

"I did it..." I said while crying. "I had nightmares that it would come back but I am free of the cancer and I am cured finally..." I added.

"What a relief... My baby is okay." Alex said as he wiped his tears and kissed me.

I kissed back and sighed in relief.

"Let's celebrate!!" Sofia said and had tears in her eyes. She immediately wiped them away.

"Yes, baby! Alex, pop open a bottle of champagne and some sparkling cider for the kids." I said as I wiped my tears and smiled at everyone. I tried to stop crying but the tears just kept flowing down my face.

Alex nodded and went to go get some champagne and sparkling cider from the bar. He came back with a tray of glasses and the two bottles. He set them down on the table and served Leah, Angelo, myself, and him, some champagne first, then served the kids their sparkling cider.

Emme went inside and quickly got my favorite snacks to go with champagne, a well as some candy to share with everyone. She came back and grabbed her glass of sparkling cider.

"Alright, May you all please raise a toast to my girlfriend... The mother of my kids... and of course, the greatest friend, miss Jennifer Lopez. I am so proud of you for kicking cancer's ass... The kids and I knew you were able to look cancer in the eyes and beat its ass. You have shown the kids and I that anything is possible. You are extremely strong and are also now fully healthy. I am so happy for you baby, and I hope we never have to go through this again. I love you forever baby." Alex said as he was tearing up again.

I smiled and wiped my tears away. "I love you too baby." I said and smiled at him.

"To health and happiness!" Angelo said and smiled as he held up his glass.

"To health and happiness!" We said in unison. We all clinked glasses then took a sip of our drinks.

After we shared a toast, Alex got up and kissed my cheek. "I want to cook a meal for you guys." Alex said and smiled.

"Daddy, you're not the best cook..." Tashi said and giggled softly.

"Ohh, come on, I will help you cook a nice meal." Leah said to Alex and smiled. I looked at him and smiled.

"You guys are too sweet... You don't have to cook for me.." I said and smiled.

"Baby, we want to celebrate by cooking." Leah said and smiled.

"Finnee." I said and giggled softly.

Alex and Leah went inside and started to get the ingredients ready. They started to cook dinner. The kids, Angelo, and I went inside and we sat on the couch and talked a bit while we watched a movie.