Tragic...

Jens P.O.V.

A week later after talking to the man, I was finally able to make some free time in my schedule. I hired the nanny for tonight. I looked at my phone and it was only 1:30 PM.

"Oof. I gotta get ready." I mumbled to myself and went to go shower. Tashi walked into the bathroom.

"Mama, Eliza said you were going on a daaatteeee." Tashi said and giggled as she sat on the counter.

(Eliza is the nanny)

"That's not true. I'm just going to rekindle an old flame." I said and giggled.

"Well, are you planning to go casual or sexy?" Tashi said.

"Tashi!" I said and laughed.

"I'm just asking because I want to choose your outfit for you." Tashi said.

"Baby girl. Thanks... but I'm okay.." I said politely as I had my eyes closed and was washing my hair.

"'Mama! Come onnn. You know I have style. I won't let you down. I promise." Tashi begged and said sincerely.

"Okay fine... I guess... but if I don't like it, I'm going with what I originally plan-" I said before she cut me off.

"Short leather skirt with the brown Luis Vuitton shirt you always go for with nude heels. Or pumps, I should say." Tashi said and rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay... fine... I'm nervous okay..? It's been a while..." I said and looked down.

"I got you mama." She said and walked into my closet.

She got some jeans, a T-shirt, and my black Gucci sandals then paired it with my silver rings and a silver necklace.

I got dressed then kissed her head and did my makeup and hair quickly then said goodbye to the kids and left to the Cafe to meet up with Alex.

I arrived at the cafe then walked in and sat down at my usual spot.

Alex walked in wearing white dress shorts with a dark blue polo shirt and some Nike's. He walked in and sit across from Jen.

Alex's P.O.V.

"Hello beautiful... I missed seeing your gorgeous face." I said and smiled softly at her as I admired her lovely smooth face.

"Hello.. I missed you too.." Jennifer said and smiled softly.

"So how's everything been? I heard you're supposed to go on tour soon. I'm excited for you." I said and smiled.

"Oh yes. I'm very excited to go and perform again. It's been a while. Well there was New Years of course... but I mean doing live performances and dancing and just doing what I love. I can't wait to take the kids with me. They love traveling and Emme is looking forward to the tour bus lifestyle." Jen said and giggled softly.

I sat there and listening to her beautiful voice. Her giggle is so perfect. I honestly don't know why I did what I did.... I had the whole world... losing Jen was like me getting suspended from the games... it's a horrible feeling... and losing Jen was 300 times worse.... I obviously wasn't thinking but I'm glad she's talking to me again. I needed to hear her voice again. My kids even miss her. I miss her.

"Well I'm glad that they're excited and you of course as well. Are you hungry? I can order us our favorite soup and I'll get you your favorite tea." I said and got up.

"That would be lovely. Thank you." Jen said and smiled sweetly.

I walked over to the cashier to order.

Jennifer's P.O.V.

Why is he being so nice to me..? I am nervous to be around him... all I think of is him just beating me and lying to my kids about it... through all these therapy sessions that I went to.. I know flashbacks will happen and I'll get the same feeling... Being single for a while has opened my eyes. I felt more alive and happier to be free from him... but boy... I sure did miss having sex... every women needs sex once in a while... but that's not the point. I'm just nervous to get back into a relationship with Alex.

Alex came back and sat down. He had the ringer remote in his hand.

"The little waiting remote will ring once our food is ready and our teas." He said as he put his credit card back into his wallet.

I looked at him and laughed softly.

"You getting tea? That's a first. You never get tea. You hate tea." I said and giggled softly.

"Hey hey hey, I never said I hated tea. All I said was that it's the last thing I'd ever drink. But since I'm with you at this very moment, I'll do it just for you." Alex said and smiled softly.

"Mhh... I see." I said and mocked his hand gestures that he always does when he talks.

"Ah you little one. You're just like Tashi. A little impersonator." Alex said and chuckled.

"Noo she taught me that one." I said and laughed.

After a couple of minutes of talking, our food and drinks were ready. Alex excuses himself and got our food then came back and sat down. We quietly ate our meals as we exchanged smiles in between. It felt like we were first dating, when we'd get nervous around each other for a bit.

After we finished eating, we began talking again.

"So... do Emme and Max miss me?" Alex said and smiled softly.

"Uh... Emme yeah... but max ... I don't know about him... um.." I said and sighed remembering when Max saw Alex slap me...

Alex stayed quiet and looked down. He felt guilty and I could tell he did...

"I'm sorry... I know an apology won't help with the traumatic events that I caused you and our relationship... but I want you to know that I've been going to therapy everyday and doing my best to get rid of my huge ego and my narcissistic ways. If you'd give me a chance Jennifer... I can prove it to you.." Alex said sincerely.

I didn't know what to say. I froze, all the flashbacks started to hit me all at once. I just stared at him.

*flashback*

"Why can't you ever do anything good?!" Alex yelled through the phone as I walked in with a tray of lunch I made for him.

He took his anger out on me and slapped me hard. I fell to the ground and that was when Max was standing at the doorway and saw everything. He ran to his room.

*End of flashback*

I kept looking at Alex as different flashbacks started coming back to me.

"Jen... Jennifer... you okay??" Alex said and waved his hands in front of my face.

I snapped back into reality and once I saw his hands near my face, I flinched hard and fell out of my seat.

Alex got up quickly and helped me up. He accidentally squeezed my arm as he helped me up and I broke down crying right there. I quickly walked out and left to the car that was waiting for me. The driver drove off to my house as I sat in the back crying hard and sobbing.

To be continued...