Questionnaire..?

Jennifer's P.O.V.

The day after dinner, my mom came over for brunch.

"So baby girl... How was dinner? How did the kids react?" My mom asked as she ate some of her eggs.

"The other night was perfect with Jack... The kids loved him which I was so happy about because that meant that they accepted him... I mean Max was more protective of me when it came down to asking Jack questions about how well he knew me... But it was so cute how protective he was." I said softly and smiled.

"That's great that Max was asking questions.  He truly cares about his mama and doesn't want to see you get hurt again.. I mean Emme has the same intentions as well. But they both know that you have already been through enough... Was Emme asking questions as well? Or was it only Max?" Lupe said.

"Uh actually .. Emme was quiet. She was watching Jack's body language and was trying to read him as Max asked questions. But she wasn't super quiet. She would chime into conversations here and there. You already know how she is." I said and giggled softly as I kept eating.

"Has he... contacted you...?" Lupe asked.

"Who? What do you mean by "He"?" I said a bit confused.

"Alexander" Lupe said softly.

I froze once I heard his name then sighed softly and stayed quiet for a moment as I looked down at my plate and shrugged softly.

"Alright... I will take that as a no...Uh anyways, have you and Jack talked about your past...? Like does he know everything about you...? " She said softly.

I nodded.

"I actually told him what happened... before Leah... I know it's messed up but everything about Alex is messed up..." I said and sighed.

All of a sudden I felt arms wrapped around me. I quickly gripped the arms and dug my nails into the person's arms.

"Ouch Jen!" Jack said and pulled away immediately.

"I-" I tried to speak but my mom cut me off. "So you are Jack...? Anyways, do you not know better than to go behind her back and sneak up on her like that??" My mom said defensively.

"Mami... It's okay... It's my fault..." I said and sighed.

"I- I am so sorry Jennifer.." jack apologized.

My mom looked at him and was giving him a stern look.

"I uh... I'm Jack... It is nice to meet you.." Jack said to my mom.

I tried to clear the air by asking if my mom wanted to help me get the dessert.

"No, I'm okay. I'd rather stay here and talk to Jack... Get to know him a little better." Lupe said asked Jack.

"We are just getting to know each other... I mean we knew each other from the past.. But we are catching up and hanging out more often." Jack said calmly.

"Ah... I see... What do you think of my grandkids..? Have you ever met them?" Lupe said as she sipped her drink.

"Yes, I have. they are amazing and we seem to get along just well." Jack said and smiled.

I came back with the cookies and looked at both my mom and Jack. I sighed nervously, hoping they would not get into an argument because my mom is extremely protective, more than usual because of my past relationship with Alex...

"Knowing Jennifer's past... What makes you think that this so-called relationship will be better than her last relationship?"  My mom said as she crossed her arms and looked at Jack, watching his body language.

"Well, I am a better boyfriend because I treat your daughter with respect, kindness, I show her that she is valued and wanted every single day. She is just the love of my life and I would never do anything to hurt her." Jack said and smiled at me then looked back at my mom.

"Pfft. Okay." Lupe said and laughed. She was not surprised by Jack's heartfelt cliche answer.

"Where did you grow up? What do your parents do? Do you have a lot of money?" Lupe said.

"Ma, that's enough." I stopped my mom from asking more questions.

"No babe it's okay. If she wants to know then it's okay. I don't mind, she is just being protective of you and that's okay. I mean I would too if I had a beautiful daughter like you and some guy wanted to date her." Jack said as he tried to ease the situation more.

My mom was shocked by his response since he was so mature about it and was not offended by her.

"Well... That is not what I expected but... I suppose you don't have to answer those questions... You know what? I am starting to like you a bit... You seem like a sophisticated and respectful man. You also have good vibes which is great." Lupe said as a big smile started to form on her face. She laughed softly and smiled more.

"Thank you, Miss Lopez. I appreciate it." Jack said and smiled.

I sat there and watched them talk about their interest and their hobbies afterward.

After an hour, my mom left and went home. She took Ivan, Elias, and Max to her house. Emme wanted to stay here with me and Jack.

We went out to go shopping for Ivan and Elias's first birthday party and saw a familiar face as we shopped....

The man passed us a few times through the aisles but I wasn't able to get a good look since I was talking to Emme... Jack however did since he started to get irritated and tense as he saw the familiar face.

To be continued....