Epilogue

STEPH's POV

I woke up na mabigat ang ulo ko. I looked around.

'Where am I?' Huling natatandaan ko ay hinihintay ko si Laurence sa waiting area, malapit sa parking ng building when suddenly someone approached me at tinakpan ng panyo ang ilong ko and everything went blank.

Did I just get kidnapped?

I held my tummy.

'Baby, don't worry. I am here'

My baby is already three months old.

Akala ko ba tapos na lahat ng problema ng pamilya namin? I thought Arnold is dead.

Biglang sumikdo ang kaba sa dibdib ko.

But how come na hindi ako nakagapos? I looked at myself.

When did I wear a white long dress? The last thing I remember, I was wearing office attire.

I looked around. The room is neat and relaxing.

Napatingin ako sa labas. Beach?

Nang ilapat ko ang paa sa sahig, I noticed that there is an envelope on the floor. I picked it up and opened it.

'The first time I saw you, wearing a cute dress and watering plants, you already took my heart away'

I smiled. I never knew Laurence could be this corny. Nawala na ang kaba sa dibdib ko. I know Laurence is behind this.

Sinundan ko ang petals na nasa sahig and went out of the room. I found another letter in front of me.

Binuksan ko iyon

'At a young age, I fell in love and I thought to myself, I can't wait to grow up so I could marry you'

Another step, another letter.

'I was mad when I lost you. You promised me. But I know you didn't mean to leave me"

I picked another letter.

'When I saw you at the bar, my heart beat fast. I know you are mine'

'I did everything to make you love me. And I succeeded. I told myself, I won't ever let you go"

I didn't realize I was already out of the resthouse. It's already afternoon because the sun is already setting down.

'I'm sorry, I planned to impregnate you. That way you won't get away from me'

I chuckled.

'That time when you were shot, I think I just died back then. I prayed after a long time, I prayed to God not to take you away from me'

I am already listening to the music. My eyes are already full of tears. I saw my family smiling at me. They are all here. And there's Laurence in front, with a priest in the middle. I was not born yesterday to know what is happening.

I am already crying real hard. Good thing I am not wearing a make up.

I picked the last letter.

'The moment I found out you are my first love, I cried. You fulfilled your promise. You found your way back to me. And now it's time to fulfill mine'

The moment I read the last letter. Camille went to my side and gave me the bouquet. While Bri put a veil on my head.

"Please be happy" she said and I nodded. Bri wiped the tears in my eyes. And they both hugged me.

Papa and kuya went to my side. Iniakla ko ang kamay sa braso nilang dalawa.

"Your prince is waiting," kuya Aldrei said.