Three months had passed since they first found out, and although many subjects were confused as to why Ye Hua and Bai Qian had yet to inherit the throne, not many had dared to voice it out. And the few that had decided to voice their questions had all received rather indirect answers. Di Jun had played quite the part of keeping the rest quiet, for every time someone was about to voice their thoughts, he would turn those intimidating blue eyes onto them with a sort of unnerving calmness as he remarked, "How terrible a Heavenly Lord I must be, for you to be thus anxious for the Crown Prince to take over."

"It's barely visible." Bai Qian leaned into his chest, and it was true. There were hardly any visible traits about her abdomen, and almost nothing could give her away, except for the fact that her abdomen was harder than before, or breakfast, where Bai Qian would occasionally throw up everything she had eaten before midday into a chamber pot Nai Nai had prepared.

"Well, even if it isn't, someone will notice that both of you keep putting your palms on Gugu's belly." Came a voice from the doorway, and Feng Jiu stood there with an arched eyebrow, "Gugu, Cheng Yu asked me out for tea, and also asked if you'd like to go for tea." "Is Lian Song not busy courting her?" Bai Qian rose to her feet with a laugh, and Feng Jiu made a neutral face that most certainly didn't suit her, "He's playing chess with Di Jun, and presumably eating some of the cakes I sent over for Di Jun as well." The last part was finished with a scowl, and Bai Qian knew that Feng Jiu was in no good mood at the moment.

But even knowing that her niece was displeased, Bai Qian turned around briefly, her gaze matching Ye Hua's as she gave a questioning look. And as always, Ye Hua understood her thoughts at once, and he gave her a smile and a small nod, "Go ahead, Qian Qian. I have some matters on hand I need to settle, anyway." "I'll see you tonight." Bai Qian gave him a gentle peck on his lips, and within seconds, she was gone, having been dragged away by Feng Jiu, no doubt.

And Nai Nai could swear that even as she left with Bai Qian, she heard a rather audible sigh come from inside the room.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

"Your Highness! I didn't think that you would come!" Cheng Yu, who had been expecting that the Crown Prince would not have let his wife come for what would likely turn into gossip central, was rather surprised when Feng Jiu turned up at her living quarters, dragging along a figure in white. "Why so?" Bai Qian asked curiously as she sat down by the table that was laid full of food, and Cheng Yu came up with a reason almost at once, "I did think that you would be awfully busy...but it is absolutely an honour to have you over for tea. Although the snacks I prepared are rather humble, I must say, and I'm very sorry if it doesn't suit your taste-"

"You flatter me, Cheng Yu," Bai Qian laughed upon seeing the girl busy herself with a flask of wine, "I do not mind humble foods. Or have you forgotten that I was born in Qing Qiu, and have lived there for most of my life?" "Oh, of course! Silly me." Cheng Yu smiled at the Crown Princess, who picked up a cup of chrysanthemum wine, "And my dear Feng Jiu, do help yourself." "Mmhmm." Feng Jiu had already helped herself to a pot of wine, pouring the clear liquid into a cup as she downed a second one, and Bai Qian sipped cautiously from the cup. It was refreshing, but even as it burned in her chest, Bai Qian placed the cup down, wary that the alcohol was stronger than normal wine.

"This is good wine, Cheng Yu, where'd you get it from?" Feng Jiu asked before Bai Qian could, and a flush creeped up her neck as she took another swig of alcohol, surprising both Bai Qian and Cheng Yu. "Xiao Jiu, it's only midday. Slow down on the wine." Bai Qian reached to take Feng Jiu's cup, while Cheng Yu merely rolled her eyes, "Lian Song gave it to me. I didn't bother asking him."