Hoshi

- requested by SQUIRRELYEMI
- sorry for any mistakes!! enjoy!

---

Picking up your duffle bag from your locker, you start making your way to the practice room in your school. Since school was already done for the day, the hallways were quiet; every step you took caused a small squeak that echoed throughout.

As you approached closer to the practice room, you heard faint squeaks of someone's shoes. You stopped at your tracks and looked down at your feet, making sure you weren't the one making the noise. Once you confirmed it, you continued to make your way and halted as you reached the door.

You noticed that the door was left ajar. You fit your foot through the gap and took a peek. The squeaking noise was made by Kwon Soonyoung, the school sweetheart. Given the title, he's really famous; all the girls love him, some men envy him. Though you didn't really care about that. He's still human; someone equal to you.

You gently kicked the door open, making him stop dancing and turn to you. "Oh hey! Were you going to use the practice room?" He shouted, trying to block out the music that was blasting through the speakers.

You pointed to your ear as you dropped your duffle bag in a corner, "Can't hear." You mouthed at him. Soonyoung nodded and turned off the music. "Sorry about that." He apologized.

"Were you going to use the practice room? I was called to come here but I was just dancing to kill some time." He repeated, grabbing his towel and wiped the sweat off his face.

"That's a coincidence. I was also told to come here." You replied, sitting down beside your duffle bag, resting your arms on your knees. Soonyoung threw his towel around his neck and held the other end with his other hand.

Your dance instructor came in, making you stand up and bow, greeting him. Soonyoung did the same, his wet bangs covering his face as he stood straight again.

"Soonyoung, (Y/n). I'm sure you two are aware of the dance competition coming up in a few months." He said, crossing his arms in front of his chest. You and Soonyoung nodded as a response.

"I'll get straight to the point; I want you two to pair up and compete."

You widened your eyes and turned to Soonyoung, who wasn't really taken aback by what the dance instructor suggested. You turned back to your dance instructor, "Why me?" You asked.

"You're the best female dancer we have in this school (Y/n). Plus, I don't want two guys to pair up and compete. It's too boring." He explained.

You were about to refute but he continued, "I've already registered you two. I talked to your teachers regarding your schedules and schoolwork beforehand. Didn't you notice that your teachers were giving you less work than usual?" He pointed out.

You sighed, "Alright fine. You win."

Soonyoung turned to you and raised an eyebrow, "Hey I'm not that bad of a guy. We've had practices together before."

"I know but.." You trailed off, your awkwardness filling up the air.

"Well it's settled. You two are competing. Make us proud."

---

"(Y/n) the angle must be 45 degrees."

"What difference does that make??"

It's been a few weeks since you two were partnered up for this competition. Soonyoung was instructing you, as well as teaching himself the dance you two made up.

It was awkward at first as you weren't used to Soonyoung's way of teaching. There were times where you tried your best not to bark back at him for the tiniest detail, but at the same time, you were amazed that he could catch such things; it must be his burning passion for it that makes him so aware of it.

You stared at Soonyoung from the mirror, trying to fix your posture to his liking. Soonyoung scoffed as he approached you, fixing the positions of your body. He walked in front of you and used his pointer finger to raise your chin.

You looked at his face, his eyebrows were furrowed and sweat was falling from his hairline. Soonyoung locked eyes with you for a second, you saw his body stiffen up as he did.

He gently turned your face to the side and stepped away from you, his hand was covering his mouth. You could've sworn you saw his pupils dilate as he was looking at you.

He turned to the mirror, still covering his face but you could see his ears turn red. Trying to hide his embarrassment, he said, "That's how it's supposed to be. Now let's go one more; from the top."

"Soonyoung." You called out, lowering your arms and resting them by your sides. You walked over to him and grabbed his hand, pulling it away from his face. Soonyoung looked away, hiding the blush that was spreading across his face, and tried to break away from your grasp.

"Huh? You're so red.." You muttered, trailing your index finger on his soft, pink cheeks, not aware of your actions. Soonyoung held in his breath as you did, coughing it all once you were tightening you grip on him.

You widened your eyes and pulled away from him, "Sorry! I didn't know what came over me! I wasn't intending to do that!" You apologized.

"No, no! It's f-fine." Soonyoung shook his head. You took a deep breath and turned to the mirror, your back was facing Soonyoung. "F-From the top." You repeated what he said earlier, earning a nod from the male and continued to practice.

--- 

"See yout later at practice (Y/n)!" Soonyoung said, waving his hand at yiu as he went to go to his last class for the day. You smiled and waved back before heading over to your class.

On the way, you saw this girl from Soonyoung's class. You didn't pay much attention to her as you two weren't acquainted in any form.

The girl moved a bit to her right, intentionally bumping onto your shoulder making you lose your balance and fall.

You droooed to the ground along with the books you were holding. The girl scoffed, "I wonder how Soonyoung managed to deal with you for the past month."

You looked up at her, a smug look was plastered on her face. "What do you mean?" You asked, trying to figure out the meaning behind her words.

She rolled her eyes at you, "You're dumb too? Please." She sighed and squatted down at your height.

"Soonyoung's had enough of you. You're a bad dancer. You can't follow simple instructions." She placed her index finger below your chin and pushed it upwards. "You're no where near Soonyoung's league. He told our whole class about it."

You clenched your fists, trying to restrain yourself from punching the same smug look on her face. The final bell rang, meaning it's time for class.

She pushed your face away and stood up, dusting her skirt. "That's my cue." She muttered.

"Goodluck on the contest. Try and not make a fool out of yourself, love. Oh, you already did."

---

- part 2 soon!
- i lost the original message about the plot, tho the bully is the only thing i'm usure of, so i hope this makes up for it hehe

- but ANYWAYS
- i'm a bit late but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
- 2020 was kinda a pain in the ass.
hopefully 2021 is a bit better lol
- thank you guy's for being with me till now! like srsly u guys just make my day lol
- stay safe babes! love y'all!

~ysa