Vernon

"Are you ready?" You heard your boyfriend, Vernon, ask from behind you. You finished off your look with a star clip on your hair. You turned around and grabbed the picnic basket. "Yep! Let's go!" You smiled at him.

He smiled back at you and grabbed the picnic basket from your hands. You pouted at him and he just shrugged and walked out pretending that he didn't see you. You chuckled and ran after him, who was already entering the van to take you to your destination.

"Why do you always wear that clip around babe?" Vernon asked, pointing at your star clip. "Oh this? It was given by my father." You replied. Vernon nodded as he looked back to the road as he didn't want to engage deeper into the conversation as he knew that your father already passed away.

His manager was the one driving so you and Vernon were playing games or chatting at the back. You almost felt bad for his manager since he's dealing with two kids like you and Vernon but he didn't really mind at all. He was used to it as he was always driving for you two.

After a while his manager pulled up at thr destination, it was a house in the forest that was close to a cliff that has a wonderful view of the city. Vernon grabbed the picnic basket before you again and you pouted. Vernon just rushed away to the house to avoid your attacks so you just thanked his manager before he left.

You walked inside and saw Vernon there, rummaging through the fridge. "What are you doing? We already have our drinks in here." You said, tapping onto the picnic basket.

"It's better if it's cold so.." Vernon grabbed a drink that was the same drink you brought and placed the non-cold one inside the fridge. You chuckled and rolled your eyes. "You're weird."

"One of the reasons why you love me." Vernon added, grabbing the basket and going to the cliffside. You followed him as he placed the picnic blanket far from the cliff itself and took out the food inside.

You grabbed one lunchbox and opened it. You grabbed the chopsticks and grabbed a piece of meat and dipped it into it's sauce. You turned to Vernon and held the piece of meat in front of him. "Say 'ahh'~" You said in the cutest way possible.

(A/N: im getting Strong Girl: Do Bongsoon vibes ugh skcbakcjks)

Vernon put on a shocked face and placed a hand on his chest close to his heart and pretedned that he was affected by your cuteness. "Oh my. Stop acting before I eat this piece." You said, knowing that he was just pretending.

"Nope!" He ate the piece before you could pull away. "But seriously, you were pretty cute." He added, wiping his mouth.

You shrugged and ate a piece, humming at it's delicious taste. You saw Vernon look at the food from the corner of your eye. You looked at him and raised an eyebrow, judging him. "Uhh what are you doing?"

"Well you didn't really bring two chopsticks did you?" Vernon said. You blushed in embarrassment and gave him the lunchbox and the chopsticks. "Sorry! I forgot!" You replied.

Vernon laughed at your reaction and started to eat, looking at the sunset. When you were calm, you also looked at the sunset. The sky slowly turned from blue to purple then to pitch black.

By the time it was dark, the lights inside the structures in the city started to turn on, making the scenery even more beautiful. Also, you two had finished eating and Vernon just went inside to put the picnic basket in the kitchen.

You layed down on the blanket and looked up to the stars. You remembered the last few words your father said to you before he left.

"(Y/n)-si! Come out onto the roof for a quick second!" Ypur father would say.

Your 5 year old self quickly went up to the roof with the help of your mother. You sae your father there and you sat down beside him.

"Dad! What is it?" You asked him.

"Look up at the stars. Beautiful right?" He said, looking up at the night sky filled with glittering stars. You looked up and nodded, they are pretty.

"Dad's going to go on a mission and go uo to the stars. He may or may not come back, but that doesn't mean you'll never see me." He said.

"I'll become a star just like those ones up there. I'll always be watching over you even if I'm not here physically."

You looked at him as he pulled out a star clip from his pocket. "So.. Are you ready for take-off?" He asked, opening the clip.

You nodded. Slowly, he started to put on your clip while countig down, "3.. 2.. 1."

You felt a tear or two fall down your face as you remembered that time where you last spoke to your father. It was a bit sad hat he had to leave at your early age.

You heard Vernon hum a song as he came back from cleaning up and he was shocked to see you crying, staring off to nothing.

"Hey (Y/n). Are you okay?" Vernon asked softly, sitting down beside you. You turned to Vernon and nodded, "Yeah. Just.. Remembered something.."

He sighed and tucked a piece of hair away from your face and also wiped away some of your tears. "I... Never told you how he died.. Huh?" You said, as Vernon shook his head no.

"Lay down. I'll explain everything." You said, patting down onto the picnic blanket. Vernon hesitated for a bit, knowing that you might breakdown while telling the sotry but he just complied, laying down.

"My father was an astronaut. He would always participate in space missions that were assigned to his team. One day, when I was 5. He was supposed to investigate some kind of flare that was lingering outside the Earth's atmosphere." You started off. Vernon was looking at you the whole time, making sure you wont breakdown or anything but you were taking it in pretty well.

"Turns out that the flare was pretty dangerous and it engulfed the whole station. Destroying everything and everyone in it's path. But it's gone now, we don't have to worry about that." You chuckled a bit at the end.

"But the day before he told me that one day.. He would become a star and that he will always watch over me from up there." You looked over at Vernon, who was staring at you already.

"I assume that this clip was given by him." He pointed at your clip. You bit your lip and nodded.

Vernon would sigh and cup your cheek. "I'm sorry you had to went through that but I swear. I'm never gonna leave you." He said.

"But what about your schedule? You're just gonna bail them just to be with me." You let out a small laugh. Vernon pouted, "I'm trying to be romantic here!" He complained.

"Okay okay, continue good sir." You joked. Vernon rolled his eyes at you and you tried not to laugh. "Whatever. What I'm trying to say is that I won't leave you. Ever. Okay?" Vernon said.

"You're so weird sometimes. I love it." You said before pulling each other into a kiss, underneath the night sky.

---

~ysa