Joshua

"Oh! Look!" Joshua, your close friend, said as he raised his phone, showing you the post in your school's account. You squinted your eyes a bit because of the brightness, "Seokmin's having a party later at 8. See you guys there! Hehe. From Soonyoung." You read. "Seokmin? Having a party?" You said in awe.

"I know! It's weird right?" Joshua said, putting his phone back down and checked the replies. "The whole gang is coming as usual. There's also a few from our batch, a few seniors and sophomores." He added. "Not a lot of people huh?" You asked him.

"Not a lot of people? Me and the boys can barely fit Seokmin's living room." He said. You laughed at that fact. "Okay okay, you got me there." You admitted.

"Anyways, we have Chemistry. Let's head there before the bell rings." Joshua said, pointing down the hallway. You nodded and headed to Chemistry class.

Once you entered the classroom, you sat down at your usual seat, the seat in the 2nd column, 3rd row. Joshua sat down somewhere a bit far from you but you two could still talk. "Okay, class." Your Chemistry teacher said, slapping his pointing stick on the board. "Turn your books to page to 89."

You apathetically brought your book up and turned your book to the said page. As you did, you took a glance at Joshua, who was doing the same thing.

You couldn't help but admire his facial features, especially his lips... Honestly, you wondered how they felt on your--

Ah (Y/n) not again!  You thought, shaking your head and looking down on your textbook. Your hair also drops down, covering the side of your face.

You had to admit that you had a crush on your best and closest friend. Cliché right? But you couldn't help it. It's hard not to like him, you've been his friend for about 5 years.

(Y/n) calm down and focus on your studies. Think about this at the party. 

Joshua's POV

I turned the book to the 89th page. Our Chemistry teacher continued his old, boring lessons as usual. I rested my head on my palm as my elbow rested on the table. As he went on with the topic, I took a glance at how (Y/n) was doing.

I saw how her head drooped down, her hair covering her beau- I mean, her face. As the teacher told us to look at the board, she looked up elegantly and fixed her hair. It was a simple, senseless move but it made me... Blush.

(Y/n) suddenly turned to me and smiled. I turned away and covered my face which was probably burning up and red right now.

"Joshua? Are you alright?" I heard our Chemistry teacher ask. I looked up at him and nodded, "Yeah... I'm fine." I replied with a smile.

"Are you sure? You look... Red. You might want to go to the clinic just to be sure." He said. I shake my head, assuring him. "I'm okay really."

"If that's the case.. Back to I was saying—"

I sighed in relief, I'm glad he didn't push it or else I'm toast. I turned to
(Y/n), she had some kind of disappointed look on her face...

It doesn't fit her.. I prefer her bright smile, it looks prettier on her.

Ugh, fine. I admit that I like her. A long-time actually, before we even entered freshman year.

I didn't want to admit it to her because she's one of the well-known girls in school. A lot of guys hang out with her and she probably has the hots for at least one of them.

But I can't bear the tension myself so later at the party, I'm gonna have to confess.

[After School]