Chapter Thirty - Two

T H I R T Y — T W O

Elaina sat on the couch shaking her head as she stared at her husband. He sat on the ground on his knees caressing her leg softly as he muttered his apologies. Without her knowledge, he had gone ahead and bought a house. Nikolai sighed softly as she swatted his hand off her leg with a heavy sigh.

"Sit next to me, Niko." She grumbled leaning back against the soft cushion, Nikolai sat down beside her placing his hand on her stomach. "I don't like how you kept it a secret, I'm glad you want a house, but it's far too expensive."

"I have everything covered." Nikolai argued, "It's my job to provide for our family. I want the kids to grow up in a home, a home we'll live in forever. A place we can call ours."

"I love you a lot, Niko but seriously what house needs 10 rooms?" She glared. "Three rooms is good enough just for us." She huffed, Nikolai chuckled.

"But I want more children." He stated, "A soccer team." Elaina scoffed.

"Then you can give birth to the ones after." She huffed rubbing her protruding belly. "We don't need 10 rooms, babe." She told him caressing his face softly.

"Five?" He raised, "Wait, six." He nodded.

"I'll go with six then." She nodded not having the heart to arguing with him, Nikolai was more than excited to start his family and she knew that he wanted a large family.

"No stairs." He said, "If you get pregnant again which you will I don't want you getting into accidents." Elaina rolled her eyes.

"Okay." She sighed shaking her head. "We're having dinner with my family tonight at Freddy's, Eli wants to properly introduce Ian and Kade to papa and uncle Landon." Nikolai smiled nodding his head.

"And we can tell your brother that he's made it." Nikolai chuckled pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"He's going to brag about it all night." She laughed shaking her head. "Don't try to butter up to me, we're getting a smaller house than that. A private one just for our small family but I don't want that big of a house." Nikolai nodded. "It takes away the feel of a home, it's dull and dark. I want a place to call our own, where we'll live for a long time with all our children." He gave her a smile nodding his head.

"Then we'll build our own." He stated. "A small private home for us and our children." Elaina smiled. She liked the thought of them building their own home together, decorating it to their liking, and filling it with love, laughs, and life. "I'll talk to the real estate agent to find a lot just by the outskirts of the city."

"It won't be too far from work?" She raised a brow, Nikolai shook his head.

"Distance doesn't matter." He told her softly rubbing her stomach, "What matters is our kids get to enjoy their lives, playing in backyards, getting dirt all over their faces and clothes and you working on your garden," He chuckled, "Work comes after my family because you and our children are who I return to at the end of the day, you are my life now and nobody can take that away from me."

"Okay." Elaina pressed a kiss to his lips softly. "Have I told you how much I love you, Nikolai Valesco?" Nikolai chuckled raising a brow.

"I've heard it here and there." He joked, Elaina giggled shaking her head.

"Well, I love you a lot that no words can describe what I feel for you because it goes beyond understanding. In this lifetime and the next, I will always choose you, I will always find you because our souls are intertwined." Holding his hand she placed her hand on his and intertwined their fingers.