Chapter Eight

[ E I G H T ]

Elaina woke up to her phone ringing beside her, rubbing her eyes he reached over and grabbed her phone letting her eyes adjust to the brightness coming from the phone. Looking at the caller ID she smiled and slid her finger across the phone answering the call.

"Hi." She muttered shyly.

[o] [o] [o] [o] [o]

Nikolai smiled as he heard her timid voice through the voice, he placed the towel around his neck and headed inside his closet to get dressed.

"Did I wake you, beauty?" He asked.

"Mhm no I'm fine." Nikolai chuckled detecting the tiredness in her voice.

"Mhm what have you done today?" He asked as he grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

"Work." She answered with a slight yawn. "And you?"

"Work as well, my beauty." He sighed heavily causing her to giggle lightly.

"Must be tiring, Niko." She commented.

"You have no idea." He chuckled as he placed the phone on speaker and put his clothes on.

"Ow!" He heard his hiss, his face scrunched up and he picked the phone up.

"Are you okay, Elaina?" He asked.

"I'm okay, just a little bit of blood."

"I'm on my way." He stated cutting the call of before he could say anything. Stuffing his phone inside his phone in his pocket, he rushed down the stairs grabbing his keys and wallet on the counter before rushing out of the condominium complex.

It didn't take long for him to reach her apartment given it was only across the street. He walked towards her door after exiting the elevator and knocked on the door as well as pressing the doorbell lightly. It didn't take long for the door to open and he rushed in.

"Niko?" She tilted her head to the side as she watched him. Nikolai walked in closing the door behind him and looking at her searching for any signs of injuries.

"Are you okay?" He asked, she nodded a smile on her face and he let out a sigh his eyes catching sight of the bandaid on her knee. "You're knee?"

"I scrapped it lightly." She mumbled as she gave him a thumbs up.

"I thought it was something worst." He sighed placing a kiss on her forehead, "I'm glad you're okay."

"Sorry." She frowned, he shook his head rubbing her back.

They walked into her living room sitting down on the couch, Nikolai wrapping his arms around her as they laid cuddled in each others embrace. Elaina turned on the tv picking her favorite tv show Big Bang Theory, she always loved the show and could watch it continuously without break. After resting a bit she realized how hungry she was, having not eaten the whole day.

"I'm hungry." She said just as her stomach growled, she blushed while Nikolai chuckled nodding his head.

"Do you want some Chinese food?" He asked, she nodded her head sitting up Nikolai following her. "Good, I know just the place." He pulled his phone out while she went to the room to grab a blanket for the both of them. Her thoughts went to the what her brothers had stated multiple times 'Do not let any male into your apartment', shrugging her shoulders she thought what they don't know won't hurt them.

"Elaina!" She heard Nikolai calling for her, she heard his footsteps near her room.

"Niko come help me." He walked into her room to see her with a large blanket in her hand, she smiled and passed it over to Nikolai who had amused look on his face. "Shooo.." She pushed him out with the blanket while she grabbed two pillows for the both of them. They headed back into the living room and Elaina was glad that she had purchased a couch that double as a bed, very comfortable. He pulled the couch apart laying it down and they crawled on Elaina passing him a pillow as she laid down.

Though hungry she was still exhausted, it felt like the shot made her drowsy and easily exhausted. Snuggling the warm blanket, she let Nikolai choose a movie to watch, him opting to watch an animated movie "Spirited Away" which was an old Japanese film. Not even half way into the tv she felt exhausted her eyes threatening to close. Nikolai who noticed her eyes closing wrapped his arms around her rubbing her back softly.

Hearing the door bell ring, he got up moving her body wrapped in his arms slightly waking her up.

"Food is here." He stated softly as he headed towards the door. Elaina sat up rubbing her tired eyes and slowly stretched her body. "Thanks." She heard him say before the door shut once more, she watched as he walked back towards her placing the plastic bags on top of the living room table.

Nikolai watched as the beauty ate her food slowly, rubbing her tired eyes during every break. Over the past month, they spend almost every weekend together, texting and calling each other during the weekdays and sometimes meeting up if they weren't busy. Watching as she ate he'd place pieces of his own food into her plate urging her to eat more.

When they had finished their dinner, Nikolai announced they he was going to spent the night over at her place, Elaina nodded seeing as it was late already. They both cleaned up and laid back down on the bed watching to watch yet another movie this time a with real people. Their eyes stayed glued to the tv screen watching the woman in the movie get stuck between making a choice between two guys. Nikolai was slowly drifting off not really caring about the movie, stating that the woman should make up her mind and stop making things complicated.

"Go for Jack!" Elaina rooted causing Nikolai to glare at her and the tv screen threatening her that he was going to turn off the tv.

"Calm down." She rolled her eyes patting his chest.

He turned facing her, "Who is better looking me or Jack?"

"Jack of course." She giggled at the defeated look on his face.

"I'm offended and hurt." She frowned when he turned away from her, she reached out for him only for him to shake his hand off.

"Niko.." She moved closer and he moved further as well, "I was playing." She muttered. Nikolai not aware of the fact that she was an overly sensitive had realized she was crying until he heard her slight whimper and sniffle.

"Elaina?" He turned around to see her wiping her tears.

"I'm sorry!" She wept, Nikolai sat up wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"No, no baby I was just joking. I'm not mad." He said, "I was just playing." He cupped her small face in his hands rubbing her cheeks softly.

"Promise?" She sniffled, he nodded pressing a soft kiss to her forehead and helping to wipe her tears away.

"I'm sorry, beauty." He muttered rubbing her back softly, nodding her head they laid back down. Elaina placing her head on his chest as Nikolai pulled the blankets over their bodies. Her sniffling had subsided and Nikolai wrapped his arms tightly around her watching as her breathing eased and slowly she fell asleep.