Chapter Thirteen

[ T H I R T E E N ]

Elaina let out a nervous chuckle watching all her brothers gape openly at her and Nikolai while her father simply nodded standing to shake Nikolai's hand. While they continued to start at Nikolai, he had stared a conversation with her father who kept nodding a fatherly smile on his face. Evan's face soon turned into a glare and she let out a sigh shaking her head at her brothers.

"Can you guys stop?" She asked but they paid her no attention and continued to openly glare at Nikolai who seemed unbothered.

"Papa." She called out, all eyes turning towards her. Two loving gazes and three deadly stares, in which she returned stubbornly.

"Yes?" Her father asked.

"The boys are being extremely rude." She told on her brothers watching their eyes widen as their father turned to glare at them.

"I do not see what your problem should be, the man hasn't doing anything wrong for you guys to be rude towards him." Rodrico Laracuena's dark eyes gazing fiercely into each of his sons.

"I don't like it." Evan groaned rubbing his eyes, "He's almost ten years older than her."

"And your sister can make her own choices, it is not uncommon to have an age gap," Elaina nodded agreeing with her father, "My partner and I have quite an age gap if I do say so myself." He chuckled.

"Wait you have someone?" Elijah asked surprise etched on his face.

"It's a secret," Rodrico chuckled, "For a long time I've been keeping quiet not knowing how you'd all react but seeing my baby girl come at us with full confidence made me realize that I don't need to keep things a secret anymore." He shrugged a smile on his face.

"Who..Who is it?" Evan asked gazing at his father with wide eyes.

"Someone you know very well." Elaina giggled wrapping her arm around Nikolai who chuckled.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" He mused, Elaina nodded.

"Dad." The boys groaned wanting to know immediately.

"Hold on..." Ethan said staring at his father, "You said partner..." Rodrico nodded.

Elaina watched as the dots connected in her brothers heads, each showing their own different reaction making her laugh as she saw them try to put into words only to end up in a stammering mess.

"Oh fuck!" Ethan laughed breaking out of his stammering mess. His loud voice caught the attention of those seated around them and he slapped his hand over his mouth laughing.

"Dad is dating, uncle Landon." Elaina gave in with a smile, "For the past 10 years they've been dating." She gushed.

"I-I approve." Eli chuckled giving his father a delightful thumbs up.

"I'm just happy for you." Evan stated with glee as he hugged their father, "I'm very happy for you, dad."

"Thank you guys." Rodrico smiled, "I can't wait to see how Landon reacts." He chuckled shaking his head.

"You deserve nothing but the world, papa." Elaina stated leaning over the table and pecking his cheek.

"As do you my darling, Nikolai is quite the catch." Her father teased.

"That is what I keep telling her, sir." Nikolai chuckled. "But I do admit I fell for her first" Elaina smiled sitting back in her seat and giving him a smile.

"You suck up." She giggled.

"Enough with the lovey-dovey eyes, Iniya." Evan rolled his eyes, "Tell me where did you guys first meet?"