Chapter Three

[ T H R E E ]

Elaina was shocked once more, her was harshly beating against her chest that she felt like those near her could hear it.

"What's this?" She muttered picking up the flowers noticing the little note attached to it.

"I don't know, you tell us." Tommy whined giving her a saucy glare.

"I-I don't know..." she trailed off staring at the unopened note.

"Well read it!" Tommy nudged her.

"Oh..." She tore the little tape that kept the note closed and opened it up.

To Elaina

I want to further thank you for your company

I thought the baked goods weren't good enough and opted for something else to convey my thanks.

These flowers though do not compare to your beauty I hope you will take this.

From N.

"Who is N?" Angelica asked peeking at the note over her shoulder.

"No one." Elaina squealed thanking the guy who had delivered the bouquet of roses, digging into her wallet to give him a tip only for him to shake his head.

"Everything has been paid for as well as my tip." He said chuckling, Elaina blushed nodding her head thanking him once again.

"It's the guy from the other day isn't it?" Angelica said.

"No." Elaina shook her head as she headed into the back room with Tommy and Angelica following her closely. She grabbed her satchel bag and stuffed the note inside pulling it over her head as she hurried passed the two who were throwing questions at her left and right. Quickly waving goodbye without answering their questions she hurried out of the bakery.

Once at a safe distance she glance down at the beautiful, fresh red roses. Her cheeks heated up and she fanned her face hurriedly.

"Beautiful." She muttered holding them delicately in her arms as she walked down the street heading home to her apartment which didn't take long as she turned down the second block.

Upon entering her apartment, she placed the roses on the counter while she searched for a large vase big enough to accommodate the number of roses and once she had found one she smiled triumphantly filling it with water and placing the roses inside. Deciding to place them in the middle of her round table she stepped back admiring the beautiful roses.

Heading towards the couch she took a seat grabbing the tv remote and turning her tv on just as her phone sounded off. Without looking at the caller ID she swiped her finger across the screen answering the call.

"Papa." She answered.

"Iniya how are you my sweet?"

"I'm doing fine, Papa and you?" She asked as she gazed up at the tv screen displaying the news.

"Missing home." Her father chuckled bitterly, "This meeting is taking longer than planned." He sighed.

"Oh," she frowned, "I hope everything goes well." She stood heading into the kitchen as she placed the tv on mute. "How is Ethan and Uncle Landon?"

"Landon is fine but your brother had indulged himself into work." She could picture her father rolling his eyes. "We all just want to come back home maybe the day after tomorrow or the next, depending on how the meeting plays out tomorrow."