Chapter Twenty-One

[UNEDITED]

T W E N T Y - O N E

Elaina trotted around her home nervously biting on her nails as she tried to not fret. She had been nervous since yesterday when Nikolai had announced that his whole family would be present for his mothers birthday party. Elaina hadn't any idea that it would be a big occasion and didn't prepare a gift for her lovers mother making her extremely nervous and guilty.

"Love," Nikolai called as he entered the apartment spotting his lover half dressed pacing around the living room, "Are you inviting me to bed, beauty?"

"Nikolai!" She shrieked pouting, "We haven't bought a present for your mother." She sighed.

"Beauty, I told you not to worry yourself about that matter." He sighed approaching her and wrapping his arms around her. "My mother said she needn't any present, which is why neither of us are bringing one but I did pick up the flowers you wanted."

"That is all I can give your mother," she frowned, "I'm a disgrace."

"No you aren't." He said gently flicking her forehead. "Come let's get you dressed." Elaina let out a heavy sigh before nodding her head and letting him lead her into the room.

Nikolai took a seat on her bed while she rummaged through her closet trying to find an outfit for the evening. A smile graced her lips as she spotted a familiar unopened bag laying on top of her closet shelf untouched. Getting on her toes she grabbed onto the bag bringing it down and staring at it before slowly opening it. A dress came in sight along with a card, picking up the card she slowly read through the letter and smiled.

"Have you found it, beauty?" She heard Nikolai call.

"Yes." She replied picking up the dress in the bag and holding it up to her figure. "It's beautiful." She muttered staring at the thin strap, v-neck satin white floral dress. Slipping it on, she walked out barefoot in the dress capturing the attention of Nikolai who looked at her.

"You look beautiful," He stood from the bed approaching her with a smile on his face. "What a beauty you are, love." He cupped her face in his hands and leaned down placing a kiss on her lips. "Why are you barefoot?" He chuckled.

"Oh," she looked down at her bare feet giggling. "Can you help me?" She lead him inside her closet pointing her shoe shelf at the heels that sat on top which she never wore. "The white one please." Nodding his head, Nikolai reached up grabbing the heels and bringing it down to her. He got on his knees and Elaina's eyes widened as she stared at him.

"Come, love." He said as he tapped her knee. With a flushed face Elaina raised her foot slowly and Nikolai didn't waste time slipping her shoe on. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." She wrapped her arms around his waist as he stood glancing up at him.

"Anything for you, my beauty." He smiled rubbing her back, "Shall we go?" Elaina nodded pulling back from his hold and walking to her dresser to grab her clutch bag and phone.

"I'm ready." She smiled, "I hope we aren't late."

"Never." Nikolai shook his head. Little did she know they were late but Nikolai did not care. He distracted her during the duration of the ride back to his childhood home with little jokes and conversations away from his mothers birthday party. As they neared the house he gave her hand an encouraging squeezing telling her that everything was going to be alright.

Nikolai parked the car right in front of the steps and got out greeting the worker who stood outside greeting him. He opened the door and held his hand out helping his little lover out of the car making sure that she had stable baring before letting her go and shutting the door behind her.