Chapter Nine

[ N I N E ]

Elaina had gotten so used to seeing Nikolai at her house, that she felt weird when he had invited her over to have dinner at his house. She had a tight grip on her phone as she walked through the revolving doors of the entrance of the condominium building greeting the guard at the front.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Her mouth suddenly got dry and she fumbled over her words.

"Uh..u-uh, I-I am here to see Mr. Valesco." She stammered, the guard looked at her questioningly.

"And your name is?"

"El—."

"Elaina." She turned to see Nikolai approaching her, "She's with me, Mark." He said to the guard wrapping his arm around her waist and guiding her towards the elevator. Placing his card against the scanner which started the elevator.

"Were you waiting for long?" He asked, Elaina shook her head. "Okay, good." He nodded.

"I got caught up in a proposal meeting." He said undoing the buttons of his suit jacket. "Thank you for coming over." Elaina smiled nodding her head.

"I was a bit nervous coming over," she admitted shyly, "I thought you'd already be here so I headed over too quickly, sorry." Nikolai shook his head. Once the elevator opened he placed his hand on her lower back and they walked out of the elevator entering the top floor only for him. Walking towards his front door he placed his code in and opened the door for her letting her enter first.

Her eyes widened at the magnificent view of the city that greeted her as soon as she entered. His place had large glass windows around that over looked the city, she could see the bright city lights along with the busy Friday night traffic and all the bodies below, it was a sight to behold. Right outside the glass sliding doors was a wide balcony with a long pool. The structure of the house was beautiful, the kitchen was opened to the large living area only separation was that the kitchen was elevated. Behind the living room was a black sleek stair case leading to the top.

"I don't have much." He stated placing his suit jacket on the arm of the couch undoing his tie.

"It's beautiful." She said looking out the glass windows. "Your appliances look untouched though." She commented as she stepped into his kitchen running her hands over the beautiful electric stove. Nikolai laughed nodding his head. Her curiosity got the better of her and she opened the refrigerator door staring at his empty fridge.

"W-What?" She stuttered speechless as she stared at the six water bottles. He only had six waters in his fridge and a bottle of NyQuil on the side. "Are you serious?" She asked, he nodded.

"What is the point of having such a big fridge?" She exclaimed placing her hands on her hips and giving him a soft glare.

"For my water." He stated, she huffed.

"You invited me over for dinner, with what food? water?" He looked at her with a smirk.

"Chinese food or Pizza?" She looked at him incredulously before she sighed giving up, "Chinese." He nodded and grabbed his phone from the back of his pants giving her a smile.

"I can't believe you." She said shaking her head as she took a seat on his couch. Laying down when she yawned watching as he ordered their food speaking fluent mandarin. Elaina had learned that the handsome man was a genius speaking over six languages fluently, she had fallen for his intelligence.

He pointed to the staircase and to his clothes telling her that he was going upstairs to change, nodding her head she grabbed the remote from his outstretched hand as he walked away. Laying her body comfortable on the couch with the couch pillow acting as her support, she turned the tv on and searching for yet another movie finding the 'Titanic' playing once more she clicked on it happily.