Chapter Sixteen

[ S I X T E E N ]

Note: Adult Content. Read at your own risk.

She sat on the hospital bed nervously gazing at Nikolai who sat beside her. Her head was hung as she fiddled with her fingers waiting for the doctor. It was yet another check-up and this time she had to get her blood scanned as well as see if another injection was necessary.

"Elaina!" She heard a familiar voice. Straightening her posture she watched as the hospital curtains were pushed back revealing the face of Dr. Monic Reese. "And hello handsome who might you be?" Elaina giggled shaking her head as Dr. Reese sent her a wink.

"Nikolai Valesco." Nikolai introduced himself shaking her hand softly.

"Now where have I heard that name?" Dr. Reese thought as she pulled her gloves on, "Oh.." Her eyes widened slowly, "And what might you be doing in here, Mr. Valesco?"

"I am with her today." He gestured towards Elaina who waved shyly.

"M-My b-boyfriend." Elaina stammered covering her face with her hands, "Oh goodness."

"I see you finally went and did it." Dr. Reese laughed, "Got you a good looking man, great on your darlin'."

"Ms. Monica!" Elaina whined.

"Ain't nothing but the truth baby." She laughed, "Now let me see your arm." Elaina nodded straightening her posture as she took a look at her forearm. "I'll be taking some of your blood today for the testing okay?" Elaina nodded, "And then give you a small injection."

"Okay." Nikolai stood beside her rubbing her back while Dr. Reese got the two needles ready.

"Now how in the hell did you score such a good looking man?" She asked causing Elaina to laugh.

"I'm just that lucky." Elaina laughed as Dr. Reese pressed the needle into her skin drawing blood. The nurse that had entered the room couldn't keep her eyes of Nikolai who held onto Elaina's hand tightly his thumb caressing her knuckles softly.

"Child I know you aren't oogling at the man instead of doing your job are you?" Dr. Reese raised a brow as she clipped the full blood bag.

"Sorry!" The nurse exclaimed, Dr. Reese shook her head.

"Hand me the needle please." The fumbling nurse nodded grabbing the needle for the tray and handing it over to Dr. Reese who had Elaina turn to the other arm.

"Just a small injection and you're all ready to go." Elaina nodded giving her a smile.

"Niko." She reached for him. Nikolai raised a brow and she pointed at her black purse that sat on the chair, nodding his head he reached into her bag while the doctor injected the liquid into her arm and placed a bandaid over it.

"Thank you." She smiled as she grabbed the wrapped present from him.

"Mrs. Monica." Elaina tapped on her shoulder when she turned around.

"yes?" Elaina handed the small wrapped box over to her.

"This is for you. An early Christmas present." She smiled.

Dr. Reese stared at her and the present in her hand, her heart swelled with love as she reached over hugging the petite female.

"Thank you darlin'." She smiled pulling back and accepting the gift. "Every year you never miss to surprise me."

"You are my favorite." Elaina smiled, "Nikolai!" She squealed when he lifted her placing her down on the ground beside him.

"Sorry." He muttered rubbing her back.