Chapter Twenty - Eight

TWENTY - EIGHT

Elaina stood with a beautiful dark navy blue dress, a black coat draped over her shoulder. Nikolai stood beside her his arms wrapped around his waist. She had a smile on her face as he guided them up the steps of the restaurant so familiar to him. He had reserved the whole top of the restaurant for their large family group and as they walked in he gave a wave to the familiar man standing on the side awaiting their arrival. Stepping forward the man greeted him with a warm smile on his face.

"Nikolai welcome."

"Francesco, thank you for accommodating my family once again."

"Always a pleasure, signore." The burly man answered with a large dazzling smile on his face. "And who is the beauty beside you." His eyes scanned her hands that laid atop Nikolai's that laid on her waist spotting the dazzling jewelry on her finger. "Oh I see I see."

"Yes, let's keep this between before I tell my family." Nikolai chuckled giving Francesco a smile.

"Yes of course, please go on ahead to your party." Elaina gave him a shy wave before they walked over to elevator that led to the second floor of the restaurant, the private sector for private parties. Her nerves heightened as the elevator stopped the doors splitting open giving her view of the rowdy crowd called their family in front of them. Elaina's eyes widened as she spotted her grandmother, Cecilia Laracuena chatting happily with Nonno and Nonna Valesco an unfamiliar man beside her.

"Is that my nanny?" Elaina questioned as she eyed the woman who was laughing happily.

"They've arrived!" A loud voice shouted capturing the attention of the party goers who quiet down at the arrivals of the two.

"Late to your own party, not surprised, brother." Ian approached them with a chuckle, "We've been waiting over an hour for you two's arrival." Elaina blushed under the eyes of their families who were looking at them with raised brows and curious eyes.

"It was Nikolai he said that we needn't to rush." Elaina quickly blamed her husband as she placed her hands behind her back a smile on her face.

"I figured." Nikolas Valesco approached with a warm smile on his face, "Hello dear,"

"Hello Nikolas." Elaina smiled shyly at the man before her eyes landed on her father approaching behind him. "Papa."

"My sweet." Ricardo smiled lovingly at his daughter leaning over to place a soft kiss on her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay, and how have you been papa, busy?"

"Never busy for you." He smiled, "Your grandmother is here, brought goods for you." Elaina smiled nodding her head.

"Now," The two fathers looked at each other before looking over to their kids, "Why have you called us here?" Nikolas raised a brow.

"Is that a ring on your finger?" Nyla exclaimed looking at Elaina's hands that hung at her side. Elaina's eyes widened as her family and Nikolai's family crowded them before Nikolai stepped in front of her blocking their view of her.

"Okay wait wait." He stopped them holding his hand up for them only for them to see the gold band on his ring finger. "Slow down."

"You're married?" Ricardo looked at his daughter with wide eyes.

"Married?!" Amara Valesco exclaimed as she approached clinging to her husband her eyes staring at the band on her sons finger. "What is going on, Nikolai?" Elaina clung to his back as she peeked her head out from behind him staring at her family and his.