Chapter Eighteen

E I G H T E E N

The familiar tall building came into sight and she took a deep breath grabbing her bag hugging it against her body tightly. Opening the door she stepped out of the car turning back to see Tommy grinning at her.

"Go get the D, angel." Tommy grinned giving her a wink.

"Tommy!" She blushed, fanning her heated face. "Thank you."

"Anytime, I'll see you later." Waving at him she watched as he drove away.

Stepping inside the building she walked passed the guard heading towards the familiar reception counter greeting the female worker.

"How can I help you today?"

"I'm here to see Nikolai Valesco."

"May I ask your name?"

"Elaina." Elaina watched as the female typed away on the computer.

"Ms. Elaina I do not see your name in the system? Do you have an appointment?" Elaina shook her head.

"Celia." They both turned and Elaina spotted the familiar female from her first visit heading towards them quickly. "She's cleared."

"But she doesn't have an appointment."

"She's cleared, excuse her Ms. Elaina." Elaina shook her head.

"It's quite alright." Elaina smiled softly. "Is it okay to go up?"

"Yes, of course, you can take the boss' elevator and it'll lead you straight up to his floor." Elaina nodded.

"Thank you." Leaving the counter she headed towards the private elevator pressing the code in to open the doors.

"Who is she?" Celia asked Jessica.

"Mr. Valesco's lover." Jessica sighed, "She has top clearance, next time you see her let her through."

"Lover?" Celia's face scrunched, "I thought he never took lovers."

"Well, that's her." Jessica grounded as she took her seat.

"Who is she?"

"The youngest and only daughter of the Laracuena family."

Elaina exited the elevator greeting Martha who gave her a soft smile. She walked up towards the door gently knocking on it before twisting the knob. As she entered she saw her handsome lover standing with his front-facing her, a phone pressed to his ear. Quietly she took a seat on the couch watching as him, dressed handsomely in his dark suit that made her heart swell with a giddy sensation.

"Tomorrow noon." He walked towards her bending down and pressing a kiss to the side of her head and pulling back to continue his conversation.

Elaina watched him closely, her heart aching as he walked back towards his desk. Even though they were in the same room, she wanted him near her, she wanted...she wanted him to touch her. Her eyes widened as she saw the smile crawl on his handsome face, his dark eyes gazing at her as he spoke on the phone.

'I-I lov..' Elaina's thoughts were cut off when he hung up the phone and approached her sitting down beside her and wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Hello, my beauty." He chuckled softly kissing her parted lips.

"H-Hi." She stuttered cupping his face in her hands and taking a good look at him. His dark eyes gazed into hers softly and she swore her heart skipped a beat and flew away to new heights. Leaning closer she placed her forehead against his a soft giggle leaving her parted lips. "Niko."

"How was work today, baby?"

"Fun." She answered looking into the eyes that she adored so much. "We sold all the goods we baked." She sighed happily.

"Mhm did you bring me some?" He asked, Elaina frowned shaking her head.

"You wanted some? I'm sorry." Nikolai chuckled bringing her closer to him.

"I'm kidding baby." He said placing a kiss on her forehead. "What I want to eat is here."

"Oh where?" Elaina asked looking at him.

A loud laugh escaped his lips and he wrapped his arms around her tightly shaking his head.

"My baby, you're so adorable." He laughed burying his face in the crook of her neck, holding onto her tightly.

"Where is it? Is it chocolate? Cause I want some chocolate too." Elaina continued not understanding what Nikolai met at all.

"Sadly I've run out of chocolates." He chuckled, "All I've got is you."

"I don't like you."

'Lies.' Her thoughts screamed at her.

"You are a horrible liar, beauty." Nikolai chuckled.

"What time are we meeting your family?" Nikolai asked.

"Around 8 at Evan's house." Elaina smiled.

"Okay let's go home first and change." Elaina nodded and they both got up from the couch, Nikolai heading over to his desk to grab his things while Elaina grabbed her bag and stood waiting for him.

As she stared at his handsome face her mind raced back to her previous thoughts and her face flushed once more. The man has been with her every step of the way over the past half a year, and her heart swelled with joy every time she stared at him. At first she didn't understand the feeling until she was left with thoughts of him during the late night, thinking about his smile, his voice, his jokes. It was only today that she saw him dressed in his dark suit his face morphed into a serious look as he talked on the phone that she realized how much the man meant to her.

"I love you." Elaina blurted. Nikolai froze in his spot looking at her with his dark eyes that continued to mesmerize her. Elaina realized what she had said and slapped her hand over her mouth quickly her eyes wide as she stared at Nikolai.

"I-I...I'm sorry." 

[O][O][O][O][O][O][O]

It's short again I apologize but it was needed, the next upcoming chapters will be longer so this is just like a jump towards the next long chapters.