Chapter Six

[ S I X ]

She didn't know how she ended up tangled in his arms on the couch. Her face flushed immediately and she lightly slapped her cheeks internally scolding herself for blushing so easily. When she moved his arms tightened around her waist and she stilled in her position.

"Niko..." she muttered poking his cheek.

"Niko?" He questioned opening one eye, she blushed once more.

"Nikolai.." Chuckling her undid his arms around her waist letting her out of his tight hold.

"You can call me whatever you want, beauty." He stated sitting up seeing the bright smile on her face.

Elaina reached for her phone staring at the time, her eyes widened and the two both stared at the time once more realizing that they had over slept. It was currently 8:40 and Nikolai had to be in his office in less than 15 minutes while Elaina was 10 minutes late. Tossing him a towel from the closet in the hallway she directed him towards the outside bathroom while she rushed into her bathroom inside her room. Taking a quick shower she skipped washing her hair and rushed out of the shower drying herself quickly.

"Oh no." she groaned slipping into a pair of plain jeans and a white buttoned down shirt tugging in the front. Rushing into the kitchen she turned the coffee machine on toasting four pieces of bread and buttering them setting them on the counter while she fixed the coffee. Black for Nikolai and milk and sugar in hers.

"Coffee." She motioned holding the cup for him, "Bread, eat some before you go." She lightly scolded, "Can't have you getting sick again." She stated as she ate her own bread. His suit which he had worn the other day had been washed last night and ironed hanging up on the side of the door for the next day. Elaina had felt like she was brought back to her early teens helping her father with his suit, washing and ironing it carefully.

"Where is your tie?" She asked noticing his bare neck.

"I must've misplaced it." He frowned sipping on his coffee. Elaina rushed into her room pulling open a drawer in her closet grabbing a tie amongst the many from her brothers visits. Walking back out she saw him placing his empty plate in the sink as her fixed his cuffs.

"Come here." She said holding the tie. Nikolai took a seat in the chair and she face him placing the tie around his next. "This is one of my brothers, it's a bit old, sorry." She mumbled.

"Thank you." And he meant it. She had helped him more than necessary.

After both had finished getting ready the rushed out of the apartment. Since his building was the opposite way she assured him that she'd be fine walking given she was late already and had texted Ms. Lucy apologizing for her tardiness.

"Okay." Nikolai said as he entered the elevator, "I'll call you later." Nodding her head she eyed him quietly. Leaning down he placed a quick kiss on her forehead just as the doors closed. With her face flushed she took the other elevator down to the front of the building her hands placed on her flushed cheeks shaking her head.

[o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o[[o][o][o][o][o]

Rushing into the bakery, she gave a nervous smile to her two friends who looked at her suspiciously. She giggled nervously and rushed into the back before they started asking questions.

"Excuse me miss, you were late, LATE!" Angelica scolded following her into the back, Elaina smiled nervously as she placed her apron on.

"I overslept?" She muttered slightly shrugging her shoulders earning a glare from Angelica.

"You liar." Angelica accused. Elaina opened her mouth to deny her accusation when the bell chimed indicating that a customer had entered the bakery. Angelic gave her a smothering glare before rushing out since she was on register for the day.

"Tell me the truth, I want to know." Tommy whined when she walked into the kitchen.

"I just overslept." She stated pulling her gloves on and covering her hair.

"What a lie." Tommy rolled his eyes as he slapped the dough.

"I had something to do, and overslept." She whined as she got to mixing a new badge.

"You liar!" Angelica peeked her head inside glaring at her, Elaina laughed softly shaking her head at her friend. "Liar liar pants on fire." She sang taunting her.

"Childish." Elaina giggled blowing the flour stuck to her glove at her.

"We'll find out sooner or later, you suck at sneaking around." Tommy stated with a huff.

"That's true." Angelica nodded in agreement, "She also doesn't know how to lie properly." Elaina glared at her two friends as they conversed about her minor flaws before Angelica headed out onto the floor once more.

Deep into her baking, she had accident burned her self when retrieving a hot pan from the oven. Placing the pan down she ran the burned skin under the cold water and called for Tommy.

"Can you take over for the rest?" She muttered.

"Got it, the ointment is in the back." He said, nodding her head she headed into he backroom digging through the drawers looking for the ointment.

"AH!" She cheered when she spotted the small red paste. Grabbing it she squeezed some onto her finger and rubbed it over the red skin. After covering the entire burned area she stood digging out her vibrating phone from her back pocket.

"Appointment is tomorrow." The text from her father read. Elaina let out a heavy sigh running her hand through her now tangled hair.

"Okay." She replied hesitantly after her finger had spent hovering over the send button.