Chapter Two

[ T W O ]

The next day she had exited her apartment building holding her black umbrella, she looked over to the gate of the private condominium splitting open the same people from the other day still lingering outside trying to catch a picture. She had stood there gazing at them she hadn't realized that her phone was ringing and dug it out of her back pocket.

"Darling?" Her fathers worried voice came through the phone speaker.

"Hi." She greeted as she begun moving her feet walking down the side walk.

"Hello sweetheart, I apologize for sending Landon in my place to tell you of my departure." He apologized.

"It's alright, I know you're very busy." She assured.

"I know but I'm still sorry, how are you?"

"I'm alright, I'm on my way to work right now." She told him.

"I hope you're being careful." Elaina huffed, "Make sure to watch out for cars, don't take to strange people, and watch where your going okay?"

"I'm not a child anymore, papa. I'm 21 years old."

"Won't change a thing." He grumbled, Elaina sighed. "I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Mhm okay, bye. I love you and have a safe trip back home." She said bidding him goodbye before hanging up the phone and stuffing it back into her back pocket as she made her way down the side walk towards the bakery. As she stepped into the bakery she inhaled the smell of freshly baked bread and cookies.

"Morning sunshine." Thomas Green or Tommy Green as he likes to go by greeted as she walked towards the door into the back. He grabbed her placing a kiss on her forehead causing her to giggle. "Did ya like my kiss?" He winked, Elaina shook her head sticking her tongue out at him as she pushed passed him heading into the back room to change.

"Good Morning, Ang." She greeted Angelica who was changing in the back. "Where's Ms. Lucy?" She questioned, Angelica shrugged. After changing the two headed out to the quiet floor both approaching Tommy, "Where's Ms. Lucy?"

"All she said was "I am out" and that was it." Tommy state scrunching his face, "That woman gets weirder every day."

"I hope she knows this place will burn to the ground if she's not here." Angelica voiced.

[o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o][o]

Around 2 pm the usual lunch rush had slowly died down, Elaina had taken over in the back taking care of the baking along with Tommy who occasionally went back and forth to help but females. Angelica had just finished her last purchase when a tall handsome male stepped forward asking for Elaina, Angelica had a hard time tearing her eyes away from the handsome male.

"Ni!" Angelica whispered harshly as she entered the back, "There is a greek god, wait no, no he's much hotter than that but he's looking for you!" She screeched. Elaina raised a brow and dusted herself off as the rushing Angelica all put hauled her outside pushing her towards the counter.

"Elaina."

"I'll be in the back." Angelica stated as she hurried back behind the door, grabbing Tommy and pulling him towards the small glass on the door as they both peered out.

"What are we looking at?" Tommy asked.

"Look." Angelica pointed.

"Nikolai." She greeted shyly suddenly conscious of her clothing.

"It's nice to see you again." Nikolai spoked, Elaina nodded a shy smile on her face.

"It's nice to see you too." She mumbled rubbing her hands on her apron. "What uh can I get for you today?" She asked.

"I don't know, why don't you choose for me."

"Uh..." she trailed off hesitantly.

"Why don't you pick what you'd normally get." He said noticing the hesitant look on her face.

"Are you sure?" She gazed at him, Nikolai nodded.

"Oh okay." She grabbed a few brown bags and a clean plastic tong moving towards the glass encased goods. Without hesitation she grabbed the ones that she liked placing them inside the bags suddenly realizing how hungry she was. After filling up five bags she stopped herself glancing at the full bags and looking towards him with an apologetic face, "I'm sorry." She mumbled.

Nikolai who had his phone pressed against his ear shook his head.

"Forward them towards my secretary, I have matters to attend to right now. Significant ones." He said gazing at her. Elaina's face flushed under his gaze and she dropped her head shaking it to clear her impure thoughts.

"Is that all?" He asked after placing his phone inside his pocket, Elaina nodded giving him a smile. "Hmm okay, I'll have the cinnamon twists and you can keep the rest." He stated catching her off guard.

"W-What?" She spluttered, he chuckled nodding his head.

"You keep the rest as a thanks for keeping me company at the night of the gala." He smiled handing her his card.

"That was three months ago if anything you were the one to keep me company. Please I cannot accept this." She tried to argue but he shook his head.

"It would mean a lot to me if you took it, I insist."

"Bu—."

"Please accept it." Elaina hesitated but slowly nodded her head with a soft sigh. "Great. I'll have one black coffee to go with that." Nodding her head she rung up his goods and filled his cup of black coffee covering it tightly before handing it over to him.

Nikolai watched her silently as she bustled around getting his order. He had a small smile on his face watching as her face flushed pink. His need to touch her grew but he held himself back as he grabbed the cup of black coffee from her hand his fingers caressing hers softly.

When he saw her the day before he couldn't believe his eyes and his luck to have her live across his newly build security condominium building. He silently thanked the sky for his luck. For months he could not think of any other woman but her, her smile, the sound of her soft laughter, her cheeks that tinted pink under his gaze, and her smooth skin how he wanted to touch her once more.

Nikolai Valesco the man who was used to having woman fall to their knees for him, begging to spend a night with him had finally found the one he wanted and he wanted her badly. Every piece of her being he wanted.