Chapter 24: Nightime Adventures

As we walked back to our cabins after dinner, Thalia and I talked. "Percy and Jason are going to stay in the Poseidon cabin tonight. Do you want to come stay with me in the Zeus cabin?" She asked.

I smiled and said "Sure. Just let me grab my things." She nodded with a small smile and walked to the Zeus cabin.

I walked towards the Big House to get my backpack. Once I walked into my room, I got an eerie feeling. I turned on the lights and looked around. My dagger was lying on the bed.

My eyes widened as I looked around for whoever put it there. I strode forward and held it in my hand delicately. It was cold. But it wasn't a normal cold. It was cold in the sense that it felt like death. It sounds weird, but that was the only word that could describe it.

Someone slammed the door shut and locked it. I whipped my head around and saw someone I wouldn't think to see. "Octavion?" I asked. "Yes, hello Allie." He responded with. "It's Praetor White to you." I spat as I straightened my back. I always talked to him with attitude, but I had a good reason to.

"What do you want?" I asked whilst I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. "We need to talk." He said. I sat down on the edge of my bed, crossed my arms, and said "Talk."

"Okay," He started. "Henry is missing."

"I knew that." I said. "Huh?" He said. Octavion was clearly baffled. "He was at Thalassa's torture chamber torturing me not even three days ago." I said. I bit my lip to keep my lips from trembling.

"What?" Octavion asked. "Yeah, I was brought back there." I said. Octavion sat down next to me and looked deep into my eyes.

"That must have been awful." He said. He searched my eyes for some sign of emotion, of a sign of weakness perhaps. I nodded and looked away. What was this sudden surge of affection from him? Did he finally come to his senses and not be a the rude, selfish person we all saw him as?

This is starting to get uncomfortable. "Why are you being so...nice?" I asked. This is starting to feel extra suspicious. "I have realized what an idiot I've been. You saved me when I needed you and I didn't even say thank you. I shoved you into Tartarus! What kind of person does that?" He said.

I stayed silent as he continued. "I have never been nice. I have always wanted power and nothing else. Now, I don't care. I am realizing that I don't have any friends and I want to reconcile with the people that I have hurt."

"Does Reyna know you are here?" I asked. "I don't think so." He said in response. "How's Camp Jupiter?" I asked. "Good. Reyna is disappointed that she let another praetor leave, though." Octavion said.

I nodded. "Was that why you came here? To take me home?" I asked. "What? No, I told you why I came here." He said. Oh. He was serious.

"Well, you apologizing is a start, but it will take time for me to forgive you for everything you've done." I said. He nodded and said "I should probably go now, huh?" I nodded and he smiled slightly and walked to the door. Before he opened it he said "Can I actually ask you something?"

I was a little bit shocked but said yes nonetheless. "How can I get Reyna to like me?" He asked. What? Since when did he like her? "You mean like, like like?" I asked. He nodded urgently.

"I don't know. I was never really close to her." I said. He nodded and said "Well, thanks for everything."

"Octavion," I started. He turned around as I continued with "I'll look into it and let you know." He smiled and nodded his head in thanks. "And Octavion," I started. He turned around once more "Stay here for the night. It's dangerous to go out at this time. I was his grabbing my bag so I could stay with my sister in the Zeus cabin anyways."

"Thank you. Where's the bathroom?" He asked. "Just across the hallway." I responded. He nodded in thanks and walked out. Octavion just apologized.

And he likes Reyna. Oh. My. Gods. I grabbed my bag and started out of the Big House. I was almost in front of the Zeus cabin when I heard whispering. "I did what you asked." I heard someone say.

A boy, no doubt. "Alright. Here, take your money and go." a girl said. The girls voice was familiar. Wait a minute...

I started towards the bushes. I floated slightly off the ground to keep myself from making noise. I then pushed the bushes aside to see who was there. It was Hank and Gwen. Huh?

"What's going on?" I asked. Hank and Gwen shared a panicked look. Hank tried to run for it. Though, he didn't get very far.

I used the wind to make a fist to grab him and bring him back. "Did Octavion send you here?" I asked. "No." Gwen responded.

"Then why are you here?" I asked. She stayed silent. "Tell me or things will get ugly." I urged her. After another minute she said "Oh fine."

I waited as she continued with "Dakota and I are working with Hank and Drew and Henry." This didn't shock me as much as it should have. Dakota and Gwen wanted me to be in Tartarus. Drew, Hank, and Henry wanted me to be in Thalassa's chambers. They would have joined together at some point. I just didn't know when.

"Why are you here though?" I asked. "We are stationed with Thalassa's forces." She said. "Oh, so you are working with the enemy?" I asked. She stayed silent. "Get out of my sight." I spat at her. In fact, as I turned away, I actually spat on her shoes.

I fixed the strap of my backpack and walked I to the Zeus cabin. "There you are! What took you so long?" Thalia asked. I looked her dead in the eye and she said "Oh gods, what happened?"

And so I explained. She was confused at some parts, but I explained that, too. Thalia was such an easy person to talk to. Thank the gods we are sisters. The fact that I am related by blood to Thalia, Jason, and Percy was the only good thing that came out of having Zeus and Posiedon as my parents.

Besides obviously the awesome powers that came along with it. But with power comes responsibility. I've heard the speech before, so I won't reiterate it. As we talked, we grew closer. This was all I wanted in life.

A friend. A sister. Someone who I could talk to and would understand. That was Thalia. She was what I was waiting for.

AW SISTER FLUFF
Ok you guys should vote please and thank you
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS!
7 votes for the next chapter!
i am really happy with the way this story is coming along, hbu?
short chapter i know but oh well
more coming ahead...
recommend this to your friends!
QUESTION: do we know how long Allie was 'dead' for after Drew stabbed her? if so how long?
~camp_hero