Chapter 29: Woods

"Really?" Will asked. Lunch had ended just a few moments before the fire started, so it could not have been Jason with her. "Yeah." Jason said. "Well, it was definitely Piper out there. She was with a blonde, tall guy so I just assumed it was you." Will stated.

There was an awkward pause. "All I saw was kissing though, I only saw it for a few seconds so it might not have been her." Will said as persuasively as he could. Will was not a very persuasive guy. Jason was enraged to say the least.

He spotted Piper running in from the forest. Jason started over to her and I followed. Jason grabbed Piper's shoulder and made her face him. "Hey," Piper said with a smile. But something was wrong.

"Who were you kissing in the woods?" Jason asked.

Piper's eyes widened. She looked over at me and asked Jason "Can we talk in private about this?"

"No, anything you can say to me you can say to my sister." Jason said. "I didn't cheat, well, not with...my consent." Piper said. Jason stared at her, wondering what she meant. Then it clicked. "Who did it?" Jason asked with his teeth clenched. Piper took a deep breath and said "The new kid, son of Iris. Name's David."

Jason's hands grew into fists. "How far did he go?" Jason asked through gritted teeth. "Just kissing, I swear. I tried to fight him off but he shoved me up against a tree." Piper said. Jason tightened his grip on his sword. "I kicked him and ran away, though." Piper said.

Jason nodded. Chiron ran up and saw the Big House in flames. "Who is responsible for this?!" He yelled. We all looked around for an answer. Drew grabbed a fistful of Dakota's hair and said "Him." Her mouth formed a snarl.

"You?! Who even are you!?" Chiron asked. "Dakota." He said. Chiron looked at Percy and said "Take him to the Hera cabin. Stage a guard outside his door until further notice. Do not talk to him or even look at him unless I say so, do you understand?"

Percy nodded his head. "I'll get on it now." Chiron nodded and galloped away. "The woods, huh? Why were you there anyways?" Jason asked.

"I was just taking a walk and he caught up. I was going to tell you tonight after dinner." Piper said. She looked over at me and said "Don't tell anyone, okay?" I nodded my head. She smiled in appreciation.

"Let's go to dinner. I think we missed the conch." Piper said. As we walked, Jason and Piper talked privately in the front. They whispered and held hands. I trailed behind like I usually did.

Then, I heard a voice. I looked over my shoulder to where I thought the voice was coming from. "Come here." It seemed to whisper.

I started towards it. I didn't realize it, but I was heading to the woods. The voice was a female whisper. It sounded like my mother. I continued to walk into the woods. "Closer, you're almost here." The voice said. It sounded like my mother, but it didn't at the same time.

"Keep coming, you're almost here. Just a few more steps." The voice called. It was soothing.

I walked until I was in front of a tent. When was this put here?

"Good job, sweetheart." The voice said. It was my mother. But where was she?

I walked up to the tent and took a deep breath. I felt for the hidden dagger underneath my sleeve and took it out.

I whipped open the tent flap and saw what I saw from my dream. There was a bowl of water in the center of the tent. I walked over to it and heard Her voice.

"Dakota? Is that you?" She asked.

"No." I replied with a smirk. "Allie?" Thalassa asked worriedly. "Bingo." I said with a wide smile. "What are you going to do now? Is Dakota captured?" She asked.

"He is captured, I don't know what I am going to do yet." I replied.

I walked around the tent and saw maps and diagrams drawn up. "What's all of this?" I asked. "Dakota wanted to make your death a difficult mystery to unravel." Thalassa mused.

"Hmm." I mumbled. I saw a box of matches with a bottle of rum. There were thick branches and cloth resting on the table.

Dakota must have made a Molotov cocktail and thrown it into the Big House.

I turned around to look at the bowl.

"Where's this big army you speak of?" I asked her. "Why would I tell you that?" She asked.

"I can dry up this puddle very quickly. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to rise for another millennium. I didn't think it would be this easy." I said.

I knew how she would rise. Dakota would drop the blood from my dead body into this pool of water. Then, he would drop the water into the lake, or any big body of water nearby. That is how Thalassa would spread.

Thalassa was silent. "Tell me." I said to her.

I put both hands on the bowl and was preparing myself to send an electric shock through it. "Alright!" Thalassa screamed in fear.

I waited for her reply "The army's about three miles east. They're coming here." She stated.

I walked away from the bowl. They would be here by tomorrow afternoon at this rate. I then asked her "How many?"

She paused and then said "5,000." I turned to face the bowl with a shocked look on my face. "5,000 monsters?" I asked her. My eyebrows were scrunched together.

"Yes." Thalassa said. She was on edge. She knew that I was going to put her back to sleep once she told me all do the information.

"Who is leading them?" I asked. "Tethys-" Thalassa said. I didn't let her finish before I cut her off.

"You're unbelievable." I spat.

I then put my hands around the brim of the bowl and sent the electric shock through the bowl.

The water started to steam and dry up until it was down to the last drop. Once it was at that point, I heard her enraged scream.

"NO!" She bellowed. I dried the puddle up.

The ground began to shake. I looked around the tent and saw that the water was rising around out of the ground, leaving the earth dry.

I continued to shake. I started out of the tent and was thrown off of my feet. The earth shook so much inside the tent that it launched me thirty feet away from the tent.

I used the winds to lower me to the ground. I looked at the tent as it shook.

I realized that the actual ground wasn't shaking, just the ground inside the tent.

The tent them exploded, not with fire, though. The tent flew into the air and came crashing down.

I looked at the tent and took a deep breath. I just defeated Thalassa. I can't believe it was that simple.

Now, all I had to worry about was an army of 5,000 monsters lead by a Titan coming my way.

BAAAAAZINGA!
Bam! She defeated Thalassa!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be happy, I know I am!
But we all know that this is not the end of the story.
She still has to defeat the army.
Last time she defeated a Titan on her own she passed out, which she can't do here. She is too valuable.
Vote to find out what happens next!
7 votes for the next chapter!
~camp_hero