Chapter 28: Hot

"Get off of me!" I screeched. "No way, I'm finally getting what I want." He said. I struggled under his weight. "You aren't leaving." He said.

"Why are you with her anyways?" I asked. "I am going to be powerful." He said. "What is with all of these power-hungry pigs lately?" I spat. I tucked my legs to my torso and kicked upwards. Dakota was sent flying upwards, but he landed on one knee. He looked kind of like a super-hero, but in this case he was the villain.

I started out the room, but he jumped on top of me again. He sliced at my back, but I rolled over at the perfect time. I heard footsteps. "Get off!" I screamed. "Shut up!" Dakota screeched.

He tried to stab my eye, but I moved my head just as his dagger hit the floor. "What's going on?" Someone asked.

I looked up, it was Leo. "You again?" Dakota spat in disgust. "Get off of her." Leo demanded. "What happens if I don't?" Dakota asked. "You don't wanna know." Leo said with a snarl.

I liked this side of him, to say the least. Dakota ignored Leo and tried to stab me. I rolled out from under him with just a small scratch on my cheek. Leo jumped onto his back and tried to pin him to the ground.

Tried being the key word.

Dakota threw Leo off of his back and across the room. Leo hit a wooden beam with a thud. Dakota ran at me. It was perfect for him. I was cornered.

I could feel the fire prickling at my skin, burning me. "Reminds you of the sun room, huh? Wanna go back? That's what's gonna happen if you don't let me kill you!" Dakota screamed.

I saw the bright lights, the fire. I crouched and held my head. Snap out of it, Allie! Dakota put his dagger to my throat.

"Just do what I say, alright? She wants to watch you die." He said. I swallowed loudly. I backed out of the room with him. Leo watched in horror as he stood from the rubbish. He crept onwards, following us. "I swear I am going to enjoy killing you. I want to watch you rot." Dakota whispered.

"Why? What have I done to you?" I asked. "I was going to be praetor! I was going to get Reyna as my girlfriend! I had everything! Then some little kid comes along and takes it from me!" He said. "Seems like everyone likes Reyna now, huh?" I asked.

"Hey, she's hot." Dakota said. I didn't care for any of that stuff. I didn't have the time. I elbowed him in the stomach and he fell down. I started to run away, but he grabbed my ankle just in time. He pulled me down and sat on top of me. He started to punch my face repeatedly. I could feel his fist damaging my face.

The blood started to exit from the new wound. My jaw was swollen and my eyes were puffy. He punched my eye once more and I stopped struggling. It wasn't like I was unconscious, but I was hurt and tired and weak. I felt blood exiting the corners of my mouth, a new bruise was starting to form as well.

He stood up from kneeling on my arms. Dakota then put a bandana over my eyes and tied my wrists. We were almost out of the Big House, I could feel it. Dakota put his shirt over his nose because it was becoming more difficult to breathe. I had no such luxury.

We stepped foot outside the house. Apparently, Dakota and I exited out the back. Dakota was holding his dagger at my throat again The house was being drenched by Percy and Jason. "Hey!" Thalia called.

"What's going on?!" Annabeth called. They were gathering by the stairs. I smirked slightly. "Damn you." Dakota whispered. And so my smirk widened. He started to dig his dagger into my throat. My facial expression did not alter. And so he dug deeper. I put my poker face on. "Let her go!" Someone yelled. It was charmspeak, no doubt. Dakota let go.

I loosened the tie around my hands, which was very loose to begin with, turned around and punched him in the jaw, on what I thought was his jaw. Leo then emerged from the building and held Dakota in a neck lock. I ripped off my bandana and looked at who told him to let me go.

It was Drew. I smiled slightly and nodded my head in appreciation. She nodded back. "Drew, you son of a-" he started. Leo covered his mouth with his hand. There were younger campers present, that's why he did that. I felt where Dakota held the dagger.

I took my hand away and saw the blood. Then, I wiped side of my face and my hand was covered in blood.

Frank and Hazel ran up to him. "Dakota?!" Hazel asked. He looked anywhere but where they were. "Look at me when I talk to you." Hazel said. Dakota tried to stifle a laugh. Frank knelt in front of Dakota and looked him dead in the eye. And then he punched Dakota, in the eye.

"What the Hades man?" Dakota said. "Treat us with respect, we treat you with respect. It's that simple." Frank said. He stood and walked away with Hazel. I saw Drew looking at Dakota while slightly moving her eyes in different directions, blinking, and rolling her eyes.

Dakota was responding with similar motions. Was this some type of code? Percy and Jason came at this time. Jason and Percy started towards me, looked at my face, and started to run. "What happened, Allie?" Percy asked.

I turned around and looked at Dakota. Jason was the first to start forward. I put my arm out and said "We have to see what he knows before we kill him." Jason nodded and looked at me. Then he hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "Thank the gods you're okay." He said. I smiled and buried my head in the crook of his neck.

I saw Percy walk to Annabeth and they were talking. Percy and Jason were good brothers. I was probably getting blood all over Jason's shirt, but he didn't seem to care. "Tie him up!" Percy called from a short distance. I was still hugging Jason. I needed this hug. I felt scarred and alone, even though Leo was there. Despite his efforts though, he couldn't save me.

I'm let go of Jason. It turned out I did get blood all over his shirt. "Sorry." I said with a small smile. "It's okay." He replied. "Let's get you to the infirmary." Jason said.

I nodded and we walked to the infirmary. "Where is Piper?" Jason asked. I shrugged my shoulders. We got to the infirmary and was fixed up for the 1000th time. "Hey Will, have you seen Piper?" Jason asked.

"Last I saw her she was making out with you in the woods after lunch." Will said with a smile. "What?" Jason asked.

Will stopped smiling and said "Yeah, I saw that."

"No, that's not what troubles me." Jason said. "Then what is it?" Will asked.

"I haven't seen Piper since swords fighting in the morning." Jason said.

UMMMMMM
I'll just leave that there.
How was it?
Comment!
Vote!
5 votes for the next chapter!
Thanks for everything guys!
I have to make something known to you all. It's very important. Someone will die in this book. It could be a random camper, it could be Percy, you never know.
Now with that thought, make sure to vote for the next chapter!
~camp_hero